Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New railway service in Cork

Options
  • 14-10-2009 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hi there I enquiring about the new railway service that opened in Cork this year. Does anyone on the forum use it and is it good

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

you mean the Cork/Midleton?

I use it daily, find it more reliable than Cork/Cobh (mainly as the trains are dedicated rather than serving Mallow and sharing track with the Dublin train)
    it would be nice if there was a late train, rather then 22:15.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

a late train to mallow would be nice too but i suppose the CIE lads need sleep too and cant be employing ppl to do the night shift in these recession-filled times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

I assume that the railcar goes from Middleton through Kent Station and onward to Cobh Is there a separate rail car serving cobh. Is there not double tracking from Middleton to Kent Station

T Corolla wrote: »
    I assume that the railcar goes from Middleton through Kent Station and onward to Cobh
    yes
    Is there a separate rail car serving cobh.
    no
    Is there not double tracking from Middleton to Kent Station
    yes.

as in there is not double tracking. just a couple of passing loops:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Well the cobh train has been going for donkeys years so they probably just dont care for us anymore *sniff*:D

All I have to say is this year((well school year)) I've noticed the driver/'s leaving behind passengers more.Like ussually they would wait if they were at the other side...especially when they were at the the doors when they were just closed but this one driver keeps pulling off when they just arrive...what a prick like.

In ll fairness allot of the ticket people have hudge attitude problems as well,there are two of three really nice ones...like really nice but the rest are mostly disgrunteld fecks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

T Corolla wrote: »
    I assume that the railcar goes from Middleton through Kent Station and onward to Cobh Is there a separate rail car serving cobh. Is there not double tracking from Middleton to Kent Station

The Midleton and Cobh trains share the same double tracked line from Kent to Glounthaune. Each destination has it's own dedicated timetable. At Glounthaune the main Cobh line continues double tracked, the Midleton line splits off here single tracked all the way to Midleton with passing loops in Carrigtwohill and at the Midelton terminus.

Seloth wrote: »
    Well the cobh train has been going for donkeys years so they probably just dont care for us anymore *sniff*:D
    I don't think irish rail ever cared about the Cobh line.
    All I have to say is this year((well school year)) I've noticed the driver/'s leaving behind passengers more.

that's true. they don't have the leeway in the schedules any more to
    cater for people that can't make the trains on time.
    If they delay the train for someone in Cobh (or wherever), they could be holding up the Dublin train, the Tralee train and the Midleton line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

deRanged wrote: »
    that's true. they don't have the leeway in the schedules any more to
    cater for people that can't make the trains on time.
    If they delay the train for someone in Cobh (or wherever), they could be holding up the Dublin train, the Tralee train and the Midleton line.

TBH I think that is fair enough.

No its litrally by 5 seconds...Most other drivers do wait except for one.On monday for instance my friend was at the door when it beeped closed.And the trains are never on time anyway.

lol once the door closed one my friends((diffrent friend)) bag and the train began to move :D

Is it true they plan to replace the trains with that one modern nice train they use every so often for Midleton and cobh...its a really nice train :D

Seloth wrote: »
    Is it ture they plan to replace the trains with that one modern nice train they use every so often for Midleton and cobh...its a relaly nice train :D

that one is great - usually the 08:25 ex Cobh?
    very comfortable by comparison with the railcars.

• Advertisement

I'm not too sure,I get th half 7 :D.

I've been on it once but others I know haven been on it 3-4 times getting the half 7 when I missed it.I got it at half 5 one day fro mthe city so *Shurg*Maybe its like the lottery,they letter certain balls drop out pick a date and time it will be used :p

Advertisement