Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Nuvi 660 - free update to 2010 maps?

Options
  • 14-10-2009 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I'm after buying a Garmin Nuvi 660 through ebay.
    It's a NOH (Newly Overhauled), guaranteed by Garmin for 12 months.

The listing states it comes with free update to 2010 maps, by registering with Garmin with 60 days of starting the unit up.

Are these 2010 maps out now, or should I hold off registering till later on? (the Garmin site says:
    "Simply register your new Garmin sat-nav at my.garmin.com and if a map update becomes available within 60 days of first acquiring satellites when driving with your sat-nav, nüMaps Guarantee entitles you to refresh your maps absolutely free."

Thanks for any answers - can't use 'search' at the mo :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

can't use 'search' at the mo :)

same here, it must be down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

I would wait in case updates were released

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The current maps are 2010.10, 2010.20 is well overdue and so might be released any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭walter sobchak

Nice one Anan1 - should be ok to fire it up then - at the least I'll get the 2010.10 maps.

Advertisement