Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parts

Options
  • 14-10-2009 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does the complete lack of parts support annoy other people?

Everyone has accessories coming out of their ears but if something breaks then you need to buy a whole new device or find another one to cannibalize.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

if you're talking about spare body parts, maybe yeah

but if you're talking about gearbox parts I'd say you're not looking hard enough...

I've often seen internal parts in irish retailers, but if you happen to be stuck you can always check one of the many online sites for the gearbox bits

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

It depends on the gun and what you're looking for.
    What do you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Stonewolf wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the complete lack of parts support annoy other people?

Everyone has accessories coming out of their ears but if something breaks then you need to buy a whole new device or find another one to cannibalize.

it depends on the aeg and what goes wrong with it most parts can be goteen if you don't minds waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

The problem is there is very little uniformaty between makes at times, if your looking at the version v2 or v3 gearboxs you can potty much buy all the parts to make a gearbox from scratch In Ireland where as if your running a v7 or a gearbox running unique parts like the real sword or star stuff you would run into problems finding a shop in Ireland or even in eorope with them in stock

there is just so many company and types of parts that even stocking even a relativly small selection can be hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Gearbox parts I can get, that's not the problem.

I've currently got a Star G36 without a pistol grip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

You would struggle even in hong kong to get replacement star parts, I know the classic army version will fit along with jg , I know we can get the in as we have in the past, but I would say shops would not normal stock Irma like that unless for example the have a broken aeg they can strip down, we do this a lot at cork for the stranger parts

I have a pistol grip for it, it's from a different G36 and definately not a star (disclaimer: this is not my doing), I suspect it's a JG.

The motor doesn't fit in it correctly (whoever originally put it on used quite a lot of force to put it in there), the fire selector doesn't quite work properly and there's an air seal issue where the nozzle doesn't quite reach into the rubber properly. It's been in and out of Ritchies workshop and the latest verdict is, need parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

yeah Star is a little git to get spares for, absolute mare. don'r remeber even seeing spares for them on any of the sites i've seen

I'm currently trying a little bit of bodge, the gearbox sits a millimeter or so back from the plastic end of the hop-up unit which recieves the BB, I figure if I can cut up one or two of the stack of business cards Hobby Airsoft sent me and use them as spacers I might be able to push the gearbox forward that tiny bit in the pistol grip. It does mean neither the magwell or pistol grip retainer pins will actually go in their holes but I reckon I can work with that.

Advertisement