Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portsalon Hotel?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 arcrite

hi , I spent most summers between 1967 and 1979 in portsalon the place was just the best .Patrick and micheal playing inthe bar, loads of kids running wild (me included).Next time Im at home in Bangor Ill see if I can find some photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

My girlfriend's father is an avid postcard collector so thanks Tom for these

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

I have a postcard of Portsalon Hotel, main street Rosnikill & Pump street kerrykeel (looking from kearneys towards barracks) - old style with Vintage cars etc..

Bought them in Dublin years ago on my travels..

Let me know if you need any - by the way looking for Old kerrykeel Images for my Home

Are these any use to you? Can you post the pictures you have of Kerrykeel and Rossnakill please?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Hadnt seen the photo from knockalla top before, shows Coll's house years before neighborus appear.

i wont be home in kerrykeel for few weeks to get images but will scan when possible.. PM me if you want direct images

• Advertisement

I'll put a larger version of the one you liked on a hosting service if you want, but you'll have to let me know which one it is as I don't know where Coll's house is :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jillzebee

Fanadfanad wrote: »
    WOW!! That is the bomb!!! Excellent shopping, Irish1967! Thank you!:D

Impressive - what are your search tips? Found any written stuff about it?

Good work,brings back great memories. Remember this like yesturday.Any one remember the disco beside reception down stairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Creefoss

Supposedly my grandfather was the grounds keeper at the hotel probably back in the 1940's/ 1950's as I know he was in Dublin during the 60's. He was originally from portsalon and was born in the family home that still exists on the other side of the main road at the back of the hotel. I remember the night the hotel burnt down. We were in Portsalon on holidays. A lot of my grandfathers side of the family still live up around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

@ hotelportsalon - contact the guys in the office to verify your status. hello@boards.ie is the contact email address.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement