Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elecricial Phase 2 Please Help!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yes its an introduction to it.

The formula for Capacitive reactance mentioned is phase 4 material

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

2011 wrote: »
    I agree that maths is important, but my understanding is that the maths required to be an electrician with the current phase based system never included integration. In fact I don't think any of the maths required goes beyond pass leaving cert maths. If you are someone that is now an apprentice that did the leaving cert please correct me if I'm wrong.

Perhaps if the OP were to post some example questions that he is finding hard some of us could assist.

no, im not a tradesman unfortunately and youre probably right about the calc. I just meant that we need to know what the OP needs to learn before handing him the tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Karlos_Sparky

superg wrote: »
    No I'm an apprentice who turned up everyday and listened when I was in phase 2 not so long ago;):)

Superg - your influence extends to boards i see ?? Guess Who

Stop stalking me:D

See you in Jan:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

karlos sparky and superg....you lads talking p6 kevin st by any chance?

Did p4 in tallagh myself this time last year best of luck.

OP did you ever get any past papers

• Advertisement

pieface_ie wrote: »
    karlos sparky and superg....you lads talking p6 kevin st by any chance?

Did p4 in tallagh myself this time last year best of luck.

OP did you ever get any past papers

No mate were doing phase 4 in tallaght in jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 biffo22

Nah never got any after..
    have my first half of electricial science done and moveing on to theory book1 now just wondering wat kinda questions come up in regards to this book and how many questions in the exam r from theory book1??all the best ross:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 antoxk1989

i just finished p1 and t1, have loads of notes on t1 and past papers if u want them, starting on part two of the course tomoro, science is actually easy, just the books over complicate it:D

Well lads/lassies its biffo here the studys goin grand its actually easy i wish i had just coped on in fas nyway i need a fresh view on this question if some1 would like to help it is a very easy one but i cant just do it??
    so here we go...
    we have a 5ohm resitor on its own connected in series then it is joined to 3 resistors in parrellel with values of 12ohm and 18ohm and 9ohm then they are connected to a future two in parrellel and both there values are 4ohms..

The possiable answes are
    a) 52 ohms
    b)14 ohms
    c) 39 ohms
    d)8 ohms

they dont seem to add up for me as i am geting 11 for the total resisteance is this right?or iam wrong or could it just be a misprient in the past example papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

• Advertisement

thanks arse biscuit:rolleyes::p it seems to be the answer i got too there just must have been a misprint in the past exam papers:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 antoxk1989

i got 11 aswell. 5 for the resistor in series, 4 for the 3 resistors in parallel(common dominator method) and 2 for tho other two in parallel, (product over sum method) must be a misprint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

biffo22 wrote: »
    thanks arse biscuit:rolleyes::p it seems to be the answer i got too there just must have been a misprint in the past exam papers:rolleyes:
    biffo, ex FAS instructor here. Contact you're local FAS centre, they are running free revision night classes for T1 and T2 if you're out of work.
    Ask for a breakdown of the exam questions, of the 75 questions 50 are Craft Theory and 25 Elec. Science in each exam.
    The list will tell you how many questions are asked on each topic.e.g 1 on 'The Bell Circuit'

Hey thanks for all the info
    to be hounst the mulk i dont think my instructor will i messed about in phase 2 and acted the ejjit so she thinks iam not worth it she didnt seem to impressed wen i told her i was repeating wen i was in fas she even suggested i give up.but there is NOWAY iam now iam actually enjoying it and like da learning beacuse i am understanding it now:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

Man dont be embarassed ya failed it. I know its a knock back and very frustrating. Because ya missed aload of days and accted the ejit the instructors wouldnt have marked your paper favourably. Like if ya needed a question to pass. All ya have to do is simply put your head down and study for a couple of weeks. If your unsure on certain problems get a tutor for an hour or two every week. Get someone who has been highly recommended some of them havent a clue. Others have said phase 2 is very easy and it is for some and most but so what. Everyone is different and may not be as academic as the next person. Ya might have the makings of an exellent sparks tho and if you want to get qualified put in some effort it will be worth it down the road. And if ya fail again try again if its what ya really want.
    If ya pass this exam also before ya go to phase 4 ya should try getting some phase 4 notes and read over them not study as such but get an idea of whats coming up. I have exellent phase 4 simplified notes if ya want them at another stage their in pdf form so i can email em.
    Anyway stop actin the ejit and just go for it!

Thanks Anthony for the info i will indeed take u up on that offer so expect a pm in a few weeks wen i pass these exams:D
    And it is really what i want so i am goin to pass these exams no matter:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Biffo,i presume you're doing the exam on-line.Take your time and make sure you're familiar with the Regs. there is the section at the beginning with all the definitions in it,and be familiar as to where certain sections are!
    If you're stuck at anything contact an Assistant Manager in the centre and they may be able to help you out.The instructor you had for Phase 2 may not be the person doing the revision classes.
    This will help a lot.
    Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jka47dvn09xgez

biffo22 wrote: »
    Guys i cant seem to get my head around the phase 2 for electricial is there any books or websites that mite help me???:(i really need help i feel quite embrassed that i cant even pass phase 2 i really wanna pass my repeats any help would be most greetful thanks:D

Go to this web site http://www.fasliu.com/liu/html/Electricalnotes.html

Its all the notes needed for phase 2.

Anybody have notes for Phase 4??

Thanks guys..
    does any1 no the lay out to t1?as in how many questions are for each topic?fas are a showe of f***ers.my fas instructor is no gud and she wont help me and i left a message for another man 3days ago and still has not rang me bak..

well lads had my t1 on monday got a call to say i passed i got 60 outa 75 compared to wen i first did it i only got 11 so a big thanks to every1 have T2 in about 3 to 4weeks:eek: slighty harder but sure i am determaned to pass it so thanks every1 for the help:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mm21

Go to this web site http://www.fasliu.com/liu/html/Electricalnotes.html

Its all the notes needed for phase 2.

The above link no longer works - Phase 2 notes are now here http://www.ecollege.ie/site/liu/html/Electricalnotes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Spannerman7

Thanks Mm21, very handy to get all that info on PDF format. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 drummerspark

hi guys after reading the thread. i am in the same problem i failed my exam by one mark i am no waiting nearly 2 years to get a repeat after e mail and un returned phone calls to the F.A.S i have got no closer to get it they keep saying that there is not place for me to do the exam and that i do not have a employer they cant give me a place could any one help me out with this one please

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭kingden2006

could you send me those phase 4 notes crosswoxenergy if you nstill have them thanks....kingden2006@hotmail.co.uk
    did you pass biffo?:D:D:D:D

Advertisement