Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trinity don't allow tripods.

• 14-10-2009 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

Just to let you know guys that if you setup a tripod in TCD then a security guard is gonna come over to stop you. I don't understand why though; tons of tourists come in with cameras every single day of the week and once you setup a tripod, you're serious? Totally stupid but because it's private property then I can see why.

Also just to let you know , I'm a student so that doesn't matter either

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

IIrc there is a notice outside on the main entrance though I stand to be corrected. Such a silly rule though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

"IIrc" What does this mean please.
    John

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Stands for If I Remember Correctly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ahhhh balls

there goes my next project plans...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Silly maybe, but you can understand it a bit. Tripods take up a bit of room and if someone trips over it, either they'll get hurt and take it out on the college, or your camera will break and chances are you'll try blame the college.

Buy a monopod ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Rodg3 wrote: »
    Silly maybe, but you can understand it a bit. Tripods take up a bit of room and if someone trips over it, either they'll get hurt and take it out on the college, or your camera will break and chances are you'll try blame the college.

Buy a monopod ;)

lol your having laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Who me? Never! :rolleyes::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

ahhhh balls

there goes my next project plans...

A good Trinity based project is to walk the grounds and take pictures of all the signs telling you what you cant do, it is madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

You could do a project where you set up a tripod and point it towards the nearest security guard. Wait for him to approach and get a shot of him bearing down on you. Repeat as necessary. Each shot will show him getting angrier and angrier.

But it is private property so they can demand you wear a clown costume to take photos if they like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

The National Army Headquarters at Parkgate Street won't let you use Cameras inside but the courtyard is ok.
    I discovered this today so left after about 6 minutes, My friend was unhappy with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

You can ask for written permission to shoot though.

Also the security guards have the discretion to allow you to shoot if you are with the college papers on assignment (or the student union on assignment) ;) They are nice chaps really!

We don't take kindly to people stepping on our lovely grass either :P :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I thought you were talking about the place I was at for a few mins...I was baffled.
    :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

It's late, we're all baffled :D

Advertisement