Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale

Options
  • 14-10-2009 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

A little word for Gareth Bale, who is due to play his 2nd games in a few days for Wales tonight. He's had a shocker of a time with injuries since joing us, and he's a player who in my opinion has great ability/potential. Here's hoping Harry can get it out of him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

he was one of our better players when martin jols time was coming to an end - shot on confidence right now but i agree it would be a waste to give up on him. how did he play for wales

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

I'm hoping we hold onto him. We'll need him in January anyway when Benny heads off to the African Nations Cup. I think he can be a great player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

he can cross it, thats for sure.

he aint replacement for ekotto though cos the man hasnt a clue how to defend. he is a winger, not a full back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

He has unbelievable ability but his confidence is in tatters with all the injuries and bad luck he's had. I reckon once he's back Harry will give him one last chance to rediscover his form & potential. If he doesn't step up i'm afraid to say he may have to move on, which is a shame

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

mickman wrote: »
    he can cross it, thats for sure.

he aint replacement for ekotto though cos the man hasnt a clue how to defend. he is a winger, not a full back

If Benny's at the ACN then I don't think we have much of an option on who'll play there. Bassong plays for the same team (I could be wrong on that) so our choices really are Bale or Naughton and Naughton's primarily a right back so I don't think we'll have much of an option unless we pay out for a LB in the Jan transfer window!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Manic087 wrote: »
    If Benny's at the ACN then I don't think we have much of an option on who'll play there. Bassong plays for the same team (I could be wrong on that) so our choices really are Bale or Naughton and Naughton's primarily a right back so I don't think we'll have much of an option unless we pay out for a LB in the Jan transfer window!!

OHara will hopefully be back in January and would be an option at LB too.

Yes, Bale played 85 mins last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

Lets get him on a winning side in the league 1st, before we consider him for a starting berth?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

golfball37 wrote: »
    Lets get him on a winning side in the league 1st, before we consider him for a starting berth?

already done that against burnley

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

already done that against burnley

Seriously? I was indisposed for 2 weeks at that time had no idea he played.

Advertisement