Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 109, 2010 the O2 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭wandy

It wasn't just a rumour, Lorenzo Fertitta said it in a Q&A at the UFC 100 expo.

Well there we go even better, Lorenzo obvious is a reliable source!! Maybe people will start to believe this now instead of rumours and an unconfirmed phone call with a certain UFC welterweight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This thread keeps going round in circles.

That article is from July

How does a UFC in Vegas in February affect Ireland getting one in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I didn't read the thread so I don't know when it is in Dublin, but either way, I'd love to get 2 tickets for my OH. How difficult is it to get them does anyone know?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I didn't read the thread so I don't know when it is in Dublin, but either way, I'd love to get 2 tickets for my OH. How difficult is it to get them does anyone know?

Thanks

It sold out in a few days for UFC 93 so as long as you buy them the day they go on sale you should be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 randm

wandy wrote: »
    How does a UFC in Vegas in February affect Ireland getting one in January?

ufc 108 is in vegas in january

UFC Fight Night 20
    Date: Jan 11, 2010
    Venue: Patriot Center on George Mason University campus
    Broadcast: Spike TV

* Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard*
    * Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce*
    * Chris Leben vs. Jay Silva*
    * Evan Dunham vs. Efrain Escudero*
    * Nik Lentz vs. Jeremy Stephens*
    * Tom Lawlor vs. Aaron Simpson*
    * Kyle Bradley vs. Rafael dos Anjos*
    * Jesse Lennox vs. Rick Story*
    * Mike Guymon vs. Rory MacDonald*

* - Not officially announced

http://mmajunkie.com/event/672/ufc-fight-night-20.mma

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

scudzilla wrote: »
    NEVER trust Wikipedia, you can edit ANY page yourself!!

Wrong. There are many closed articles on Wikipedia which having past quality control, are considered to be finished. Editing any page is not quite as simple as editing a word document and the most blatantly incorrect edits will be rectified speedily (on the important topics anyway).

Helping stem the spread of misinformation, ironically through a defense of wikipedia, Valmont.

UFC Fight Night 20
    Date: Jan 11, 2010
    Venue: Patriot Center on George Mason University campus
    Broadcast: Spike TV

* Nate Diaz vs. Gray Maynard*
    * Josh Koscheck vs. Mike Pierce*
    * Chris Leben vs. Jay Silva*
    * Evan Dunham vs. Efrain Escudero*
    * Nik Lentz vs. Jeremy Stephens*
    * Tom Lawlor vs. Aaron Simpson*
    * Kyle Bradley vs. Rafael dos Anjos*
    * Jesse Lennox vs. Rick Story*
    * Mike Guymon vs. Rory MacDonald*

* - Not officially announced

http://mmajunkie.com/event/672/ufc-fight-night-20.mma

A UFN on a Wed night would not affect having a UFC that weekend. UFN19 was on the wednesday before UFC103 last month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 randm

A UFN on a Wed night would not affect having a UFC that weekend. UFN19 was on the wednesday before UFC103 last month

yes...and ufc 108 is on in vegas in january....no chance of anything for dublin in january

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nekdel

This thread is beginning to annoy me now. Ok the reason this thread states UFC is coming here in Jan is cause of numerous reports that the UFC had provisionally booked the O2 arena for January! This came after Fighters Only reported that UFC would be in Dublin, Nottingham or Glasgow in Jan 2010, however given the fact that England are getting UFC 105 I would doubt them returning there only 2 months later.
    just rang up the o2 arena and they have bookings up to april of next year none of which will be the ufc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

nekdel wrote: »
    just rang up the o2 arena and they have bookings up to april of next year none of which will be the ufc.

ok thank you for this information.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    I doubt you called the 02 to settle a debate on a forum where you have never posted before..and probably wouldnt have called for yourself either

callaway92 wrote: »
    ok thank you for this information.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    I doubt you called the 02 to settle a debate on a forum where you have never posted before..and probably wouldnt have called for yourself either

Even if he did call it is highly unlikely they would tell a random fella before it is announced publicly by UFC or the o2 even if there is a show to begin with...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nekdel

callaway92 wrote: »

ok sorry for stepping on your 1967" e-dick. here's the number for general enquiries (01) 819 8888. ask.
    rovert wrote: »
    Even if he did call it is highly unlikely they would tell a random fella before it is announced publicly by UFC or the o2 even if there is a show to begin with...

http://www.theo2.ie/event-listing/

And what?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

marlay park,,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Might not have anything to do with this but was on twitter and Marcus Davis says he'll be back in Ireland in March!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

mooeire wrote: »
    Might not have anything to do with this but was on twitter and Marcus Davis says he'll be back in Ireland in March!!

I already said that on this thread but was slagged cos i spelt his surname as Davies and not Davis :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mooeire wrote: »

maybe he just planning a holiday :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

maybe he just planning a holiday :pac:
    He could well be, i just posted what he wrote :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Marcus Davies said on his twitter that he thinks he's fighting on March 17th

Wexler12 wrote: »
    Marcus Davies said on his twitter that he thinks he's fighting on March 17th

I am doing an interview with Marcus in a few weeks (after UFC 106) I will ask him if he knows what date the event will be on. I was talking to Mike Goldberg the other day and he said he thinks it's on the Sat. after Paddy's day (but he will be in Ireland for Paddy's day) he's Mother is Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

At this point they are looking at a debut show in the Middle East probably around March or April. There are no plans for anything in Europe until April at the earliest although things could change if other sites fall through. They have holds on arenas for potential dates in the U.K. and Germany throughout the year.

Dave Meltzer wrote that in the last Observer newsletter. Take from that what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

:( Damn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Dana says it's coming back to Ireland in his video blog, hmm..., 8:35 in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

creggy wrote: »

Just comin in to post this, Looks like we are getting an event, Happy days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

happy days, does anyone know who the irish fella is talking to him? he looks really like someone i went to school with years ago!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

creggy wrote: »

"Pound for pound the best crowd ever":D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

He does use the term 'Pound for Pound' way to much.

Any chance they'll maybe do a Belfast show?

Advertisement