Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 109, 2010 the O2 Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Weren't we the second best pound for pound last January after Montreal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 syncsyncboot

creggy wrote: »
    Dana says it's coming back to Ireland in his video blog, hmm..., 8:35 in.

Hi,

Thats me and my gf talking to Dana - I did say that he said Montreal was the best crowd but I think thats because it was a record attendance with over 21,000

I heard from Lorenzo that they are booked for March - they pulled out of January show..

Just got back from Manchester - savage trip made it to the Press Conference - Back stage at the weighins and got a signed glove from GSP.

Just going to upload some photos now....

Best trip ever...

Roll on March..........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hi,

Thats me and my gf talking to Dana - I did say that he said Montreal was the best crowd but I think thats because it was a record attendance with over 21,000

I heard from Lorenzo that they are booked for March - they pulled out of January show..

Just got back from Manchester - savage trip made it to the Press Conference - Back stage at the weighins and got a signed glove from GSP.

Best trip ever...

Roll on March..........

Nice 1, i won the backstage comp from the Fight Club for 93 and had a blast, every1's so cool and relaxed.

Either way i think it's gonna be mental for March, if it's Paddy's Day then it's gonna be mad, either Saturday around it and Ireland are at home to Wales and Scotland in the 6 Nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

scudzilla wrote: »
    Nice 1, i won the backstage comp from the Fight Club for 93 and had a blast, every1's so cool and relaxed.

Either way i think it's gonna be mental for March, if it's Paddy's Day then it's gonna be mad, either Saturday around it and Ireland are at home to Wales and Scotland in the 6 Nations.

Its not paddy's day, and never was.
    Its the paddys weekend.

Mellor wrote: »
    Its not paddy's day, and never was.
    Its the paddys weekend.

Not gona get into this again, i've heard from a few sources it was gonna be a Fight Night on Paddy's Day, now you're saying it was never meant to happen, let's just wait and see.

For clarification, which is Paddy's weekend? Before or After Paddy's day?

• Advertisement

Not gona get into this again, i've heard from a few sources it was gonna be a Fight Night on Paddy's Day, now you're saying it was never meant to happen, let's just wait and see.

For clarification, which is Paddy's weekend? Before or After Paddy's day?
    From what I heard, it was assumed to be a fight night because if paddys day being mid week. But its a long way to go for just a FN show.

I would assume that its the weekend after, but thats just my opinion obviously.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

From what I heard, it was assumed to be a fight night because if paddys day being mid week. But its a long way to go for just a FN show.

I would assume that its the weekend after, but thats just my opinion obviously.

Apparently there will be a fight night in Scotland leading into the Dublin show so there is your answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Hi,

Best trip ever...

Roll on March..........

Sounds like an amazing trip mate, wouldn't mind one of those myself :D

whats your first name if you don't mind me asking? you just really look like someone I was in primary school with years ago, maybe I'm wrong!

sonic.trip wrote: »
    Sounds like an amazing trip mate, wouldn't mind one of those myself :D

whats your first name if you don't mind me asking? you just really look like someone I was in primary school with years ago, maybe I'm wrong!

Yeah it was pretty amazing all right....

Having a signed glove from GSP is pretty awesome too. The man who defeated my hero Matt Huges.

Name is Barry....

Some points of note:

Bisping was wearing some sort of a tinted moisturiser at the Press Conference.

Check Kongo looked massive - has trained well and nearly KO'd Bisping in training... Bispings crew said he will blitz Mirr.

Mick Swick is a ****ing gentleman....pure Texan - finishes every sentence with the word "Sir"

Couture was pretty sound...just seems totally apathetic with fighting...must come with the years.

Brandon Vera...didnt want to be there.

Hardy is deceptively strong and has size...dont let the mo-hawk fool you - he is strong at welterweight.

Meeting Matt Hume is beyond good.

GSP is a ridiculously good handsome man.

Goldie is Juicing.

Rogan is a short-ass.

Matt Brown is underrated... looks tough.

Denis Kang is still a legend...****ers!

Terry Etim speaks scouse...not English.

Paul Daley's back is 78 inches across... yet he is a welterweught.

Stitch and Leon Tabbs had big bucks on Pacqiao by K.O.

Buffer hit on my bird....

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Weren't we the second best pound for pound last January after Montreal?

Nope Montreal - was first. 21 plus thousand.

Dublin UFC 98 was pound for pound the best. 14,000 fans making a lot of noise and not just drunks in Cage Fighter T-shirts.

Speaking of drunks in Cage Fighter T-shirts... the more time I spent in Manchester the more I craved for an army of Fedor's in stripey Jumpers would descend and batter all these muppets walking around in UFC/MMA/WWE/FAI...or whatever tee-shirts.

HONEST TO GOD... a group of 6 fellas in Dan Henderson t shirts walked right past Delgado and Riley in the Arndale... tw@s

HONEST TO GOD... a group of 6 fellas in Dan Henderson t shirts walked right past Delgado and Riley in the Arndale... tw@s

To be honst, I'd walk by Delgado too, not because I wouldn't recognaise him though, more because I don't like the guy that much

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Hi,

Best trip ever...

Roll on March..........

How did you get backstage?

How did you get backstage?

Ah I had a band from the Press Conference and some kid from that was on the door didnt look the brightest so we flashed it and walked right by....

Chuffed.

Paddy's Day def out, some guy called Cesar has the O2 booked

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Cesar-Milan-tickets/artist/1013406

(Just waitin now for Mellor to say "i told ya so") ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paddy's Day def out, some guy called Cesar has the O2 booked

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Cesar-Milan-tickets/artist/1013406

it wouldn't have been on Patrick's Day anyway...that is a Wednesday..There has never been a "UFN" outside America , so it was pretty obvious that it wasn't going to be here on the 17th

callaway92 wrote: »
    it wouldn't have been on Patrick's Day anyway...that is a Wednesday..There has never been a "UFN" outside America , so it was pretty obvious that it wasn't going to be here on the 17th

Apparently the guy who has the O2 booked on Paddy's day is that Dog Whisperer dude from The Discovery Channel, gonna be great fun if half the 12,000 peeps who go bring there problematic dogs.
    May just get a ticket for the hell of it if that's the case, throw a few big juicy bones about and watch the carnage :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

rovert wrote: »
    Apparently there will be a fight night in Scotland leading into the Dublin show so there is your answer.

Source?

;)

And yeah its the Dog whisper guy, seriously, what a sad way to spend Paddy's day.

Does anyone know what way UFC events are announced. Is it one at a time, or in bunches.

Also, the next fight night just appeared on the official website. It's 11th January, after 108.

109 must be early feb, with 110 in sydney late feb.

Hopefully, I'll go to 110 in sydney, then 111 in ireland.
    Only at home for a month, so i'll have to get lucky with the dates

;)

And yeah its the Dog whisper guy, seriously, what a sad way to spend Paddy's day.

Does anyone know what way UFC events are announced. Is it one at a time, or in bunches.

Also, the next fight night just appeared on the official website. It's 11th January, after 108.

109 must be early feb, with 110 in sydney late feb.

Hopefully, I'll go to 110 in sydney, then 111 in ireland.
    Only at home for a month, so i'll have to get lucky with the dates

I normally find out from the UFC fightclub, also get presale there too and access to a Q&A session and weigh ins (Free), but saying that sites like MMAJUNKIE normally have details of the fights before they're officially announced on the UFC site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Ah I had a band from the Press Conference and some kid from that was on the door didnt look the brightest so we flashed it and walked right by....

Chuffed.

Haha, top blagging

Well, i'm happy that the current fight card for UFC110 is the real one, bar injury changes.
    Wandy headlining etc.

I'm more concerned about when it will go offical on UFC's site as I'm looking to buy tickets.
    Being their first time here, it will either sell out very quickly, or not at all.

Well, i'm happy that the current fight card for UFC110 is the real one, bar injury changes.
    Wandy headlining etc.

I'm more concerned about when it will go offical on UFC's site as I'm looking to buy tickets.
    Being their first time here, it will either sell out very quickly, or not at all.

If you need a presale code for the event just ask, will give you a few days start on General Sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Marcus Davis was on MMA Junkie Radio today and said that UFC was coming back to Ireland very soon but does not know if he will be on the card, he then said how can the UFC have a show in Ireland and not have him on it :D . I called into the show and asked him who he would like to fight at the next Irish event, He said he knoes it won't happen but he has to say Dan Hardy! He wants this rematch so bad!!

Marcus Davis was on MMA Junkie Radio today and said that UFC was coming back to Ireland very soon but does not know if he will be on the card, he then said how can the UFC have a show in Ireland and not have him on it :D . I called into the show and asked him who he would like to fight at the next Irish event, He said he knoes it won't happen but he has to say Dan Hardy! He wants this rematch so bad!!

I'd like to see a rematch of this as it was a pretty close call first time, unfortunately i think the UFC have bigger plans for there new 'Poster Boy' and i can't see it happening unless Hardy loses his next 2, even then that could be 12months down the line, who's to say Marcus will still be in UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I wouldn't believe the junkies much.

They also claim that UFC 110 is sydney, and else where they say its vegas,
    Then they say UFC111 is sydney, and else where is maybe newwark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

I wouldn't believe the junkies much.

They also claim that UFC 110 is sydney, and else where they say its vegas,
    Then they say UFC111 is sydney, and else where is maybe newwark

The guys on junkie radio usually got their ears to the ground pretty good.

Im pretty sure 110 is in sydney btw.

I'm sure its sydney too, that's why I don't believe everything they say, esp when they contradict themselves all over the place.

I just wish they'd put up UFC 109 & 110 on the website, so I can go buy tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

wiki has ufc 110 is in sydney

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_110

and 111 in Newark, does this mean we get 112 :)

Advertisement