Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation(3 bedroom) help me!!!

Options
  • 14-10-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Hello:mad:
    I can't get a house in Kilkenny city anywhere, im really p!ssed off at this stage!
    Me and my two mates are looking for one, no luck what so ever. I mean theres a recession, landlord/ladys are looking for people to rent there houses.

Im 21 and the lads are 19 and 21, we have 2 cars between us, were not scum, I have a job, the 21 y/o had a job but was made redundant earlier this year, the other lad never worked, have I mentioned were not scum?

We need a house that accepts rent allowance, maximum rent €650 pm and in Kilkenny city, not slap bang in the middle of the city though. I tried daft, rent.ie etc. We viewed 3 houses and the auctioneers said it will be difficult to get a house for 3 young lads:rolleyes:

Please please help me get a house, Im cracking up here like, its not even funny like:(

Please send me a private message if your a landlord/lady and have an available house, thank you.
    It you know someone can you let them know of this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Unfortunately its the blame of others before you,no matter what state the country is in its going to be very hard rent to 3 young lads only 1 working. The rent allowance has being abused by too many leaving the landlord short . Try not going via a auctioneer and direct to a landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Unfortunately its the blame of others before you,no matter what state the country is in its going to be very hard rent to 3 young lads only 1 working. The rent allowance has being abused by too many leaving the landlord short . Try not going via a auctioneer and direct to a landlord.
    I have tried all the landlords on the interent, no luck with them. Im viewing a place tomorrow so hopefully it works out. I think i'll have to take a trip to the autioneers friday evening:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Your age group and rent allowance situation is far from ideal, basically anybody is going to look on your as students for a start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I have a suggestion, in order to demonstrate to potential property owners how earnest you all are, try offering a bigger deposit than what's required standard. instead of one months rent in advance, offer two.

Another option not mentioned is taking out your own ad, we did this some months back and it proved very fruitful. Just be sure it's in a box so it's very visible. We got a great rate and cut out the middle agent.

Best of luck.

catbear wrote: »
    I have a suggestion, in order to demonstrate to potential property owners how earnest you all are, try offering a bigger deposit than what's required standard. instead of one months rent in advance, offer two.

Another option not mentioned is taking out your own ad, we did this some months back and it proved very fruitful. Just be sure it's in a box so it's very visible. We got a great rate and cut out the middle agent.

Best of luck.
    2 good idea's there, thanks a million!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Another Idea might be to have the parents of the lads not working meet with the landlord and agree to pay if they are short, I know it's not ideal but it'll give the landlord a sense of security

Another Idea might be to have the parents of the lads not working meet with the landlord and agree to pay if they are short, I know it's not ideal but it'll give the landlord a sense of security
    We're big boys now:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Plug wrote: »
    We're big boys now:(
    Big boys have jobs ( I can make that joke cos I'm unemployed now)
    It's one way of looking at it though, only trying to help

Advertisement