Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Looking for accommodation (Kilkenny City, 3 bedroom)

Options
  • 14-10-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭

Hello:mad:
    I can't get a house in Kilkenny city anywhere, im really p!ssed off at this stage!
    Me and my two mates are looking for one, no luck what so ever. I mean theres a recession, landlord/ladys are looking for people to rent there houses.

Im 21 and the lads are 19 and 21, we have 2 cars between us, were not scum, I have a job, the 21 y/o had a job but was made redundant earlier this year, the other lad never worked, have I mentioned were not scum?

We need a house that accepts rent allowance, maximum rent €650 pm and in Kilkenny city, not slap bang in the middle of the city though. I tried daft, rent.ie etc. We viewed 3 houses and the auctioneers said it will be difficult to get a house for 3 young lads:rolleyes:

Please please help me get a house, Im cracking up here like, its not even funny like:(

Please send me a private message if your a landlord/lady and have an available house, thank you.
    It you know someone can you let them know of this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Plug wrote: »
    Im 21 and the lads are 19 and 21, we have 2 cars between us, were not scum, I have a job, the 21 y/o had a job but was made redundant earlier this year, the other lad never worked, have I mentioned were not scum?
    As you've said you're trying real hard not to be called scum (as you've said it twice), I'm assuming your cars don't have paint cans attached to them, and you don't wear your cas peaked at 45 degrees? :P I kid, I kid. If you do, try not wearing the caps when looking at the house.

In daft, there is a "Advanced Search" option, and a tickbox for "places that accept rent allowance?". I'm counting 31, all around the €650-€700 mark. Ensure, when searching, you don't set the amount of beds, as I find it works better if you don't look for 3 beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

cheers for that, im going for a look at a house later, it looks like a bit of a dive but a house is a house. The owners might not care about 3 young lads moving in they even allow pets!
    here it is: http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&selected_agent=&id=797698&s[agent_id]=7915&s[p]=qprrysty
    Look at the third one!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Plug wrote: »
    cheers for that, im going for a look at a house later, it looks like a bit of a dive but a house is a house. The owners might not care about 3 young lads moving in they even allow pets!
    here it is: http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?search=1&selected_agent=&id=797698&s[agent_id]=7915&s[p]=qprrysty
    Look at the third one!:pac:
    Although I was able to open the link using copy & paste, use the "shortcode" link in future: more chance of the link working :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement