Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stayin in dunfanaghy this weekend- need help!

Options
  • 14-10-2009 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi folks im stayin in dunfanaghy with a few guys this weekend for a stag do and been told that its quite a quiet place and worried there wont be much to do. have sussed out headin to letterkenny by bus hire in the evening but can anyone tell me if theres anything to do in or nearby to dunfanaghy. for eg some guys might wanna watch some footie on saturday and get food so can you recommend any good pubs in the town or in nearby towns.

any help would be greatly appreciated cos without it this cud turn out to be the most boring stag ever!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 andyc09lad

well mc colgans on the main st is great for a pint, grub and a bit of footy. then theres the other pubs that offer music as well. and roonies niteclub to round the night off wit ?8 adm and cheap drink till 1

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

contact brian on <SNIP> he will look after use and show you a good time:)

Mod edit: Please refrain from posting private telephone numbers in a public forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

head into the nearest big town - i.e. Creeslough. Good food and music in the corncutters ;)

hi dunfanaghy is bigger than the creeslough drive thru

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

quality! not quantity :)

Seriously OP, I'd suggest getting a minibus and heading into Letterkenny for the night. Dunf is good craic but quite quiet in the autumn/winter. LetterK is about 30 mins from Dunf.

the food in the corn IS good tho..

• Advertisement

its only queit cause the northeners are away home, the locals still have agreat time and roonies is usually packed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

With regards Stag parties in smaller towns - my advice is to head out early in the evening or afternoon and scope out the pubs.

I always tended to look after a stag party better if they had been in in the afternoon, told me they would be coming in later and behaved themselves on their first visit.

There is nothing worse than a stag coming in in the afternoon being loud and obnoxious. I know things are tight but a loud drunk stag do is something most pubs would rather not have. Sure its great business but most publicans think about their 52 week a year regulars.

Publicans don't expect stags to be quiet dull affairs but their is always a line not to cross. This line varies from pub to pub but when you cross it you will know.

It is always nice to have a sober(ish) member of a stag. This stag should introduce himself to the publican on arrival and tell him that if there is any trouble that he is the one to talk to.

Tip the bar person too and the line not to be crossed can move a little. ;)

If its a large group of 10+ write out your order and just hand it to the barperson on arrival. That way you get served quicker and when you call for the same again it wont be a problem.

If you are ordering shorts and are well behaved ask how much they can do say 20 shots of ??? for. You will often get quoted a round figure.

Here's a pic of a round I put up for a stag do last Feb. 25 Jegerbombers for €100. Individually priced it would have been about €150. I put this round up 6 times.
    roundo.jpg

Enjoy the stage. Remember small venues can be just as much fun as larger ones. If you are good craic and behave I would imagine a 'late one' is quite possible in any pub. In a small town if you misbehave in one establishment you can be dam sure bad news travels fast and you could find yourself barred from pubs before you ever set foot in them.

Well now you know it from the publicans side. Believe me I hope you have a great time but by noting what I have said above I bet you have an even better time.

Just a word of advice if you come to gods country, DONT GO INTO THE CARRIG RUA, the owner isint the kind of person who would want stags, in fairness she dosent like locals that are noisy let alone a stag party, but the rest of the pubs are grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 magawk

thanks to everyone who has replied- we booked the minibus for the sat evening in letterkenny and will do as u say just enjoy the craic in the local pubs. im the sensible one (im from tyrone the rest are from armagh lol) out the all the guys tho theres a good mix of old and young so dont see there being any bother.

think ur right best to build a good relationship with local publicans from early on- even more important in smaller areas than say letterkenny.

thanks again ppl!

Advertisement