Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Retouching

• 14-10-2009 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭

I know it wont be to everybodies taste but seen an ad for this crowd and in the link you can click on a picture and rollover to see the retouch and original shot.

http://www.thehutintheforest.com/grid.html

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Borderfox wrote: »
    I know it wont be to everybodies taste but seen an ad for this crowd and in the link you can click on a picture and rollover to see the retouch and original shot.

http://www.thehutintheforest.com/grid.html

can really see the difference and interesting how the skin is treated

which reminds me, did you hear about the french proposal to require airbrushed images to carry a disclaimer

http://features.csmonitor.com/innovation/2009/09/23/french-bill-would-force-ads-to-disclose-photoshopped-images/
    Now, Valerie Boyer, a French member of parliament, wants to make it clear which ads have been digitally retouched. Ms. Boyer has proposed a bill that would require a disclaimer at the bottom of altered images in newspapers or magazines.

The disclaimer, Boyer explained to the Telegraph, would read: “Retouched photograph aimed at changing a person’s physical appearance.”

The proposed bill, which is backed by 50 members of parliament, seeks to combat negative body images and eating disorders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Its fairly interesting to see to what degree the photo was altered. Most of the models don't look great without ps. ;)
    I sort of enjoy the fact that most people are oblivious to airbrushing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Pretty cool seeing the difference although i have to say its not really that hard to do when you know how. I have found a bit of a glitch in one that I wouldnr be too happy about, the black background when rolled over shows coloured items in the back, the black cover up isnt the best int he world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Its fairly interesting to see to what degree the photo was altered. Most of the models don't look great without ps. ;)
    I sort of enjoy the fact that most people are oblivious to airbrushing. :)

Models are people, takes me a couple of hours and a **** load of coffee to warm up to life.

For Weddings I do airbrush and the ironic thing is most Brides dont notice it!! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

which reminds me, did you hear about the french proposal to require airbrushed images to carry a disclaimer
    that'll be every single ad, so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Well, now I know why I'll never be a model - I have ears, eyebrows, freckles and the odd mole.

It is interesting though - thanks for the link!

Models arent generally the best skinned people, but they are models because of their bone structure, you will notice most girls there dont have huge changes to their faces but taken a normal girl off the street with perfect skin, no you wont need to smooth the skin a huge amount but the amount you need to do to the structure means you would have been better off getting a skinny malink model with bad skin and baggy eyes that can be fixed in under a minute.

skinny malink

Havent heard this in ages, :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Pretty cool seeing the difference although i have to say its not really that hard to do when you know how. I have found a bit of a glitch in one that I wouldnr be too happy about, the black background when rolled over shows coloured items in the back, the black cover up isnt the best int he world.

Something that really stood out for me is in the 3rd row 1st picture - where the background meets the shoulder at the place the strap of her top used to be - there is no attempt at a ridge of shadow which is present all the way along her 'real' shoulder. Also the cut around the hair thing looks too sharp, as if it was cut from a magazine and placed on top.

Yeah I see that, well spotted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

some of it is a bit over the top, but I'd absolutely love to know how to do it. If I try in PS, I generally make a balls of it. I have portrait professional, but it just isn't the same

Borderfox wrote: »
    Havent heard this in ages, :)

Its a term used by people who once used to be skinny and then joined flaborama;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

they've actually made some of those models look worse in the retouched version; e.g. numbers 4 and 6. and 10's mouth just looks unnatural.

i've never tried retouching faces in photos. that said, i've never done any glamour shots, so the opportunity hasn't really arisen, and i'm in no rush to create the opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

Its a term used by people who once used to be skinny and then joined flaborama;)

Have you melodeon legs and big banana (umbrella) feet too :D

soccerc wrote: »
    Have you melodeon legs and big banana (umbrella) feet too :D

not yet, I hope, but if I did I'd photoshop them;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

It is easier to retouch bad skin than extra 5 stones :D
    (That is why I don't do self portraits).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

ThOnda wrote: »
    extra 5 stones :D ...
    (That is why I don't do self portraits).

Is that what you keep in the backpack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Great stuff, I love seeing these type of before and after shots. Really gives you an insight as to what work people do to their images!

This site is pretty cool too! (before and afters)

Advertisement