Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Broker

Options
  • 14-10-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Can anyone reccommend a good mortgage broker around the Greystones area?? Or in Bray?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Alan Jones 086-8115902. Operates from home on Rathdown Road. Small very personal service and knows the area very well having lived here for 30-odd years

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Aideen hudson

IFG Mortgages

Ph: 01-2780400
    086 2675059

In Blackrock but was based in Bray for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Avril Byrne on main st Bray. Her husband, Heever, managed to get me approved against the odds at the height of the madness. One warning re all of them. When they have you in their debt so to speak, they will sell you mortgage insurance. You; trying to appear as a responsible person will buy whatever is thrown at you unless you price around for options first. So be forearmed in this regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Luke Emia

Why not just go to the bank or building society with the lowest rate for what you want?

Because you need someone to tell lies for you.

• Advertisement

While I think that is tongue in cheek, I wonder if there are people still telling porkie pies on their loan applications. Sorry I know thats off topic.

Sherry Fitz Mortgage Brokers provide this service. Broking that is not lying.

Well no, it's not really tongue in cheek at all. Nor is it off topic. We are more or less told we need a deposit of 8-10% and we can borrow five times our gross earnings. So therefore if you have half the deposit, you borrow the rest from the credit union and say you got it from your parents. Lie no.1. You then pull in everything you can to inflate your apparent income and lie about that. Thats what a mortgage broker is for. Otherwise as you say, just go up to the bank where honesty will not get you very far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Nor is it off topic.

I disagree.

A more appropriate area below.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=544

Damo understood.

Final sentence, I am aghast that people are still doing this. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭GingerDave

Well no, it's not really tongue in cheek at all. Nor is it off topic. We are more or less told we need a deposit of 8-10% and we can borrow five times our gross earnings. So therefore if you have half the deposit, you borrow the rest from the credit union and say you got it from your parents. Lie no.1. You then pull in everything you can to inflate your apparent income and lie about that. Thats what a mortgage broker is for. Otherwise as you say, just go up to the bank where honesty will not get you very far.

He he....this is just one of the reason for de bubble that's a bursting! All in the serach for negative equity!

Easy, wait another year or two. House prices aren't going anywhere but down. Rents, cost of living, lifestyle expectations, job security will be lower so people will do it the old fashion way and save...... no need to lie through a broker.

The days of the broker are over to some extent, it will be a niche more than a norm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Topic will be locked. Keep to the original question. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭arctictree

Have used The Mortgage Shop in Bray on Southern Cross Road. Very helpful service.

Advertisement