Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Siege of Mirkwood Pricing Structure

Options
  • 14-10-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

http://mmeow.net/2009/10/european-siege-of-mirkwood-pricing-structure/
    The pric*ing struc*ture and choices are extremely sim*ple when com*pared to the many options that Tur*bine pro*vided US customers:

Stan*dard Edi*tion: £14.99 / €19.99 / ~US$24
     — ‘Siege of Mirk*wood’ expan*sion
     —  Harbringer’s cloak

Spe*cial Edi*tion: £19.99 / €27.99 / ~US$32
     — ‘Siege of Mirk*wood’ expan*sion
     — Advernturer’s Pack (with 2 char*ac*ter slots, and shared stor*age with 20 slots)
     —  Harbringer’s cloak
     — Unique free mount

The sim*plic*ity of the deals is nice, and clearly the Spe*cial Edi*tion (being just £5/€8 more) will likely make it the pre*ferred option for many.

But, there is lit*tle doubt that many Euro*pean cus*tomers will be dis*s*a*pointed with the offers. Unlike US cus*tomers, sign*ing up to a multi-month plan will not get you the expan*sion for free, nor are there offers for buy*ing the expan*sion and get*ting a life*time sub*scrip*tion. Also a direct com*par*i*son of costs using exchange rates, indi*cates UK cus*tomers are hav*ing to pay a cou*ple of quid more than their US coun*ter*parts, while con*ti*nen*tal Euro*pean cus*tomers (pay*ing by Euros) are get*ting ever more of a raw deal.

The main site also offers up a pack*age deal that allows new cus*tomers to buy the main game, and both the Mines of Moria and Siege of Mirk*wood expan*sion for £30/€40 with*out the adventurer’s pack, or £35/€50 with the adventurer’s pack.

A third option is for some addi*tional extras which indi*cates you can buy the Adventurer’s Pack sep*a*rately for £5/€7, and a loot bag (con*tain*ing the 10 best (!?!) free*bie offer items from over the years) for £5/€7 . Not*ing these prices — main*land Euro*pean cus*tomers would be bet*ter off buy*ing the stan*dard packs and pay*ing for the extras sep*a*retly to save them a cou*ple of Euros (unless I have mis*un*der*stood some*thing along the way)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Too many *'s for my liking :P

I'm really going to have to pull my finger out and get levelling. I'm wondering if it's actually worth getting this. Granted, I'm and impulse buyer so my body will buy it before my brain realises it, but I kind of would have expected more content for an add-on you've to pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Lister1

humanji wrote: »
    Too many *'s for my liking :P

Yeah, weird the way that came out when I copied and pasted it. They musnt like people taking stuff from their site.

Did you ever get an invite into the Nexus kin. You might tend to put a bit more effort in if you are in a kin and have people leveling along with you. What level are you up to now?

Lister1 wrote: »
    Yeah, weird the way that came out when I copied and pasted it. They musnt like people taking stuff from their site.

Did you ever get an invite into the Nexus kin. You might tend to put a bit more effort in if you are in a kin and have people leveling along with you. What level are you up to now?

I actually haven't been on for a while (the curse of having a lifetime membership, I never feel obliged to keep playing :( ). I think I was about lvl 35, but I could be wrong. I'll have to see if I can get back on over the weekend (though I've just bought Uncharted 2, so I'll be split between the two).
    Lister1 wrote: »

Ok, I take it back, that looks pretty cool. Dol Guldor looks brilliant.

You still playing on Aodhor. He is lvl 37. Similar level to Hellfires Warden. I have a runekeeper about 44 at the moment waiting for Hellfire to catch up...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Once I complete my reinstall of everything (OS upgrade) I'll be back.

Once I complete my reinstall of everything (OS upgrade) I'll be back.

Nice one Hellfire. I wonder if we can drag humanji around with us...

Well I only got to pop on for a little while during the weekend. I'm lvl 38 now but have a long way to go.

humanji wrote: »
    Well I only got to pop on for a little while during the weekend. I'm lvl 38 now but have a long way to go.

Have been keeping my eyes peeled for your hunter but no sign of you...

Yeah, sorry about that. The sucky real world has been getting in the way. My online time can be fairly intermittant

• Advertisement

Some new information about the pending expansion...

http://www.massively.com/2009/10/26/lotro-siege-of-mirkwood-developer-tour/

Advertisement