Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords now in Airside

Options
  • 14-10-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

Just a heads-up people - drove past Airside retail park today and noticed that Halfords now has a shop there. Might save you a trip over to Blanch so.

Don't know when it opened, so please excuse me if this is old news.:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

dont use halfords.

unless you are looking for sat navv or a car radio support many of the local motor factors aroundd the place.
    i.e. lusk.

Their knowledge is far superior of anything that will ever be spurtted out at you in halfords and its at least 20% cheaper too.

For example i changed the brakes on the gf car . went to halfrauds and the gave me a set of front brake pads for 53 euro. and guarenteed me that they were the right ones as it said it in the book.

went home.

wheels off the car,
    caliper off the car,
    brake pad off,
    new brake did not fit.

old brake pad on,
    caliper on,
    wheel on,
    back to halfrauds. full refund. ( dirty looks exchanged)

phone call to lusk

20 mins later and 30 euro cheaper i had a set of correct brake pads

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Last year I got a mailshot in the door from Halfords and couldn't believe the prices of their 'garage/bench toolboxes' - popped up to the Drogheda store and checked them out and it's true what they say '.......you only get what you pay for' - seen better in Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Is this supposed to be a good thing?

Its a skangers dream, the car park will be full of Punto's and Opel Corsa's where their owners will be inside stocking up on "modifications" for their dirtbox, such as silver petrol caps, "sports" steering wheels and gearsticks and "NO FEAR" windscreen stickers :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Sizzler wrote: »

Its a skangers dream, the car park will be full of Punto's and Opel Corsa's where their owners will be inside stocking up on "modifications" for their dirtbox, such as silver petrol caps, "sports" steering wheels and gearsticks and "NO FEAR" windscreen stickers :eek:

ROFL. So true. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

BTW, they do sell usefull stuff as well, viz. car care products, bicycles and accessories, satnavs, etc.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Sizzler wrote: »

I suppose ignorance is bliss.

No need to let the truth get in the way of a good giggle I suppose.

What is the agenda from both posters with regards to Halfords?

Bluetonic wrote: »
    I suppose ignorance is bliss.
    Bluetonic - What exactly is your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

did i miss something

Martron wrote: »
    did i miss something
    Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Me too.

Standard Bluetonic post, I wouldn't worry too much about missing anything.

Still handy to know there's a local enough branch of Halfords.

• Advertisement
Advertisement