Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 10 all assists off - great way to play

Options
  • 14-10-2009 10:10pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im a sucker for realism in my games in pretty much every gaming genre.
    I grabbed fifa 10 over the weekend and straight away set my controls to manual everything, manual through ball, passing,shooting,crosssing,long pass.
    It is tough but so amazingly rewarding, its that good i simply cannot play with any assists on at all now.
    Everything just has to be aimed to precision, the weight on the pass or through ball has to be perfect.
    Anyone wishing to play fifa as a footie simulation needs to do likewise or atleast try it out for a few days.
    Im having great craic playing with my 7 year old son, he has all assists on resulting in some ding dong games between us.
    I runnning a couple of leagues with assists off against the ai with difficulty set to pro and its just such a challenge to scrape a few goals.
    A victory or a good draw against the top teams feels incredibly rewarding :)
    This is exactly how i always wanted to play a footie game,fifa 10 delivers in a big way.
    Im sure a lot of you have tried and maybe play with all assists off?
    If not i cant reccomend it enough guys, its a blast and more than worth the initially steep learning curve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Mike Bassett

Im gonna give it a go right now...ill let ya know in ten mins;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

its the best way to play fifa, i'd find it weird to go back to assisted or even semi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Would love to be able to do it because at least then the mistakes are my own but tried it in '09 and it was just too stressful! Play on a mix of semi and assisted now :(

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Would love to be able to do it because at least then the mistakes are my own but tried it in '09 and it was just too stressful! Play on a mix of semi and assisted now :(

Ditto. I just couldn't hack the stress either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

This sounds like what some of the old PS2 PES games used to be like. Each years game would see you struggling to get to grips with new controls which were weighted toward facilitating the AI. I remember in one of the early pes's going through whole Master Lge campaigns without registering a win!

Its hard in the early days but if ya persevere and get over the hump, its really rewarding. The feeling of scrabbling a draw in the teeth of defeat or scraping a late winner against the odds is 100 times better than just banging in goal after goal.

Only rented FIFA so didnt get time to try this out properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

i only have through ball set to manual, everythn else is semi if available, and auto

Advertisement