Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 pin to 3 Pin Adaptor. Where to buy/How to make?

Options
  • 14-10-2009 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

Ok, Hoping someone can help me out here :)

My new case comes with stock fans that have a "4 Pin" male connector. Really though they just have the Yellow 12v line and a Black Ground line in a Molex Connector.

The Fan Controller I have only had 3 Pin Connectors.

I was wondering if someone knew an Irish/Cheap P&P store where I could buy a 4 pin (Female) to 3 Pin (Female) Cable or plug?
    Or a guide on how to DIY one.
    Or a Guide on how to take those Two Wires and Splice them into a 3 Pin Female Head

Or better yet have a spare one they wanna flog :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Is it impossible to fit the 4pin headers on the fan controller? If so just get some 3pin male Molex plugs and a Molex terminal crimper and yank out the old lines and stick them in the 3pin housings with the crimper. Everyone has one of those lying around the house, right? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

Solitaire wrote: »
    Is it impossible to fit the 4pin headers on the fan controller? If so just get some 3pin male Molex plugs and a Molex terminal crimper and yank out the old lines and stick them in the 3pin housings with the crimper. Everyone has one of those lying around the house, right? :D

Maaaaaaaybe :D

The Fan Controller only has 3pin connectors (yes its a cheapo PoS one but my budget was blown on the good bits :D) so I need actual 3pin connector dohickies. :(

Advertisement