Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Perth

Options
  • 14-10-2009 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

lads 25 year old Quantity Surveyor moving to Perth. any ye know what Perth is like from your experience? whats to do and not to do.

prob play hurling out there too, visa for 12 months but looking to stay longer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hi mate,

I live in Perth and have done for nearly three years now so can answer pretty much anything.

If you have any specifics let me know cause there's a lot to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Went to Perth 3 years ago found it to be like traveling back in time to the eighties... has it improved in any way... couldn't of got any worse surely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skaldog

hi there lived there for 8 years its a very laid back place anh people very very helpfull
    move close to one of the northern beaches

• Registered Users Posts: 19 undergroundeye

Mickdots wrote: »
    lads 25 year old Quantity Surveyor moving to Perth. any ye know what Perth is like from your experience? whats to do and not to do.

prob play hurling out there too, visa for 12 months but looking to stay longer

Lived there for 4 months like you on a Visa
    Place is friendly and there is a good vibe there, even if it is somewhaqt back in time.
    The Hurlers have a good club out there with training every tuesday and a game on sundays.
    On the QS front, I'm not sure if it will be that easy to get a job. Get in contact with agencies before you leave if possibe
    best of luck in Perth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Lirca

Back 3 months from Perth where I spent 10 months, brilliant place went there not expecting a lot and left with a real desire to return. I found the people laid back and the Irish less frantic than say Bondi Junction.

I worked in construction during my time, when I left work was still available. I have mates there who have had to take labouring jobs to get a foothole before getting qs work. Blackadder is who I worked for there a small recruitment company with a strong Irish workforce,then there's the big one Hays recruitment you can send them your cv and they'll be in touch.

Get youself to the Irish bars Rosie's in Nothbridge and JB O Rileys in Leederville to get yourself sorted for the GAA you'll definately meet lads there who'll point you in the right direction. I played for the western shamrocks who recently won the championship unfortunately I had to leave before the finals.Ask for for wiggy in Rosie's,he's a little pocket rocket from cavan infact you'll definately hear him before you see him:D...good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

Definately apply to Hay's Recruiment and check all the job seekers sites. jobsjobsjobs.com.au, seek.com.au, etc.
    Google job sites and I'm sure you'll come up with something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Mac055

I've been in Perth nearly 2 months... beautiful city, very laid back and fantastic beaches, definitely worth a look..

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭38141

any ideas of where to look for the 3 mths rural work?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

38141 wrote: »

Ruralenterprises.com.au or the land newspaper if on the east coast...

I'd say you'd need to know how to drave a claas combined to get one of those jobs claasman :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

38141 wrote: »
    My brother finishes his 3 months stint in Australind today.

dcr22B wrote: »
    My brother finishes his 3 months stint in Australind today.

How did he find that work? just rocked up and asked around?

Advertisement