Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Indian in Mullingar

Options
  • 14-10-2009 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Just wondering has anyone been to the new Indian in Mullingar yet? The one on Dominick Street?:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

What is it called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 maroongael

Seven spices, across from the Credit Union where Zest used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mollysmam

also interested in reviews of this restraunt too. there is also a new italian on Oliver Plunkett Street, anyone tried it?

I wish there was a mexican, as in a proper one that actually knows how to do mexican food. Not like the one that was in Kinnegad.
    I think if I go to a restaurant that if I can do a better job at cooking then its not worth going back to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mo_Daly

I went in for a meal on Sunday with my fiancé and we were pleasantly surpised with the quality of the food. The owner Mohim introduced himself and made sure that the food was to our liking with medium hot etc. Having tried both of other Indian restaurants in Mullingar I can say that it is by far the best and I will definately be going back. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Mo_Daly wrote: »
    I went in for a meal on Sunday with my fiancé and we were pleasantly surpised with the quality of the food. The owner Mohim introduced himself and made sure that the food was to our liking with medium hot etc. Having tried both of other Indian restaurants in Mullingar I can say that it is by far the best and I will definately be going back. :)

I hope Mohim's surname isn't Daly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mo_Daly

I hope Mohim's surname isn't Daly ;)

LMAO.. no it definately isnt.. I dont think Daly is a traditional
    Bangladeshi surname :P

will have to try it out :D
    I used to love Amrita's and while their service was rubbish at times, the food was perfect and the other two in Mullingar are not a patch on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭fatchance

Was hoping to try this Seven Spices myself Last night Saturday but after
    trawling the net and golden pages, counld'nt get a phone number for the place anywhere!

With Indian on the agenda, decided to try the Silver Oak Indian Rest on Austin Friar Street, and it was lovely. The portions were big and I love my grub, but still we had to take home a doggy bag which they offered to do for us.

Restaurant layout lovely, decor too. Staff very appreciative of your business which is nice, no doubt feeling the pinch so they know how to treat customers. Total price for 2 starter, 2 mains, 2 rice (one would have done, know the next time) 1 coriander nam bread and a half bottle of wine (i was driving...bummer) came to 65€, not that expensive at all and would Recommend it.

Any phone numbers for that other place, Seven Spices??? Might try it in a few months time when I can afford to go out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 rustytimber

044 9390699

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fitzer62

This is a really great Indian restaurant - its a pity it dosent welcome you in from the outside - but please try it. Service was beyong anything I have experienced in a long time. Food was excellent just the right amount and the menu is nicely varied. Cant wait to go back to try more dishes from the menu. Support this guy it would be a shame to see it fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Good reviews on it , I will give it a go as I love Indian food.

Just a warning: Avoid the silver oak like the plague, I got salmonella poisoning (confirmed by local hospital) sick as a dog for over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Got a take away from this restaurant last night and it was very tasty. They have a special offer on at the moment if you order two main meals you can get another main or two appetizers for free

Advertisement