Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photo of the week - Week #15 :: 28th September to 4th of October, 2009

• 14-10-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Church > Angle 2

74DBFB507F4D4FD682E6534AFE71721C-800.jpg

Credit: Morrisseeee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

Beautiful color range provided by the foliage. Love :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Delorian

What a crackin location. Where is this Morrisseeee?

And well done, excellent shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Is that Marlogue looking over to East Ferry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Love it so much... well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

Great framing of the shot - and great colours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Many thanks everyone. :)
    I think the leaves at the top, and their colors, and hense the framing of the shot adds greatly to the whole composition.
    Its around East Ferry alright, not sure if its Marlogue, ie. I dunno area names. I'll post a map location later. ;)

Background to the shot. I had an hour to kill that day so I decided to 'ramble', I came accross this scene and decided to try and frame it ! It was a dull day, so light wasn't great. I used an old Nikon prime lens, 135mm, f5.6, set to infinity, 1/250sec, ISO 100. Very little processing, apart from trying to extract/boost the natural colors that were there.
    Note on map: X marks the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Its around East Ferry alright, not sure if its Marlogue, ie. I dunno area names. I'll post a map location later. ;)

If you were in the woods on the other side of the river (near the marina), you were in Marlogue (aka Marlowg, Marloige and any other possible variation you can think of) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

The Autumnal feel to this is just great - yellows, browns and deep greens, nicely framing the scene. I think part of its appeal is that you can almost sense peering through the hedgerows to see into the scene. It kinda brings you there. Well done. As usual, I can't add thanks to my original opening post so +1 to the above.

Advertisement