Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

River Island Jeans [Men]

• 14-10-2009 11:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

What's everyones opinion on these? I really need some new jeans and I was looking in RI the other day and they seem to have some pretty decent designs at the moment...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Think River Island jeans look well, but they dont seem to be great quality, a pair I bought in there before for about €70 ripped about 6 months in. Fairly expensive too, If willing to spend that much money I would probably go elsewhere TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

think there jeans are preety good but would prefer topman ones they seem more comfortable nicer to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭red_diesel

River Island stuff is very poor quality. I have a pair of jeans from there and the fastening button just feel off. Very same thing happened a friend of mine. T-Shirts go out shape after a couple of wash's.
    Jack and Jones have some really nice jeans at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

River Island are expensive and poor quality....

spend the extra €20 and head to a pepe jeans or Diesel store FTW! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I love their jeans & never had a problem with the quality - some pairs I've had for 3/4 years which I wouldn't wear out, but they still do for mucking out in the garden & still have all their buttons!

As for price - they've dropped recently I've noticed. Last pair I got was less than €50.

Their t-shirts aren't great quality, but shirts & coats are all good quality and last quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I don't think they're that expensive. Most of them seem to be around the €50 mark which is considerably less than I usually spend on jeans.
    mada999 wrote: »
    spend the extra €20 and head to a pepe jeans or Diesel store FTW! :)
    I have a couple of pairs of Diesel - love them, but I'm looking for something cheaper...or are you talking about "Diesel" on Suffolk Street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I don't find them that expensive either, it's a fairly reasonable price. I worked in RI a few years and because we had to wear the jeans, I can tell ya they really don't hold up well at all after a month or 2 and sometimes you can actually see them get worse after every wash. I've always been of the opinion that its better to have fewer jeans that are more expensive and will last longer and look nicer. I only have one pair of Diesel jeans (as I said I wouldn't buy loads) and they're ridiculously comfortable and well worth it, especially if you can pick them up on sale on ASOS. But "Diesel" are rubbish and actually worse than RI, Penneys quality but priced higher because they can hoodwink people with the name

Advertisement