Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Onboard Laps of Abu Dhabi

• 15-10-2009 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭

A few laps of the final track for this season. Interesting looking pit exit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Decent looking track imo

pit exit is cool something different atleast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Could do with a few more chicanes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Looks interesting, bit tighter than I expected, from the onboard the walls look close enough to the track, no huge runoffs like some other new tracks (might just be the onboard perspective that gives this feel)

pit exit does look good, just hope the whole thing isn't too complicated with stuff that looks good but that won't race well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Tilke is just taking the piss now with this track!
    Not content with making the place look like an airport (ala bahrain ect)
    he's now added in the air traffic control towers.....and crossed it all off with a go kart track! :rolleyes:

What a 'limp' track (clearly designed on a Friday when they had to submit whatever they could to blag through a presentation with.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

facepalm1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I kind of like it so far, but I'd prefer a few more sweeping fast corners. I think that's what makes a good track - Silverstone, Spa, Suzuka.

Coulthard and Brundle have driven it and will be doing a piece for the BBC about it for either Brazil or the Abu Dhabi race so it will be interesting to see what they say. I'm assuming they won't tear it to pieces even if they don't like it that much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

**** you Tilke.

tbh my view of his tracks is that they are very good but just not for f1. tracks for f1 need to be about momentum or there just wont be any overtaking in the race thats what make monza and spa the classics they are.

my only gripe with his tracks are the tarmac runoffs, give gravel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Interesting pit exit I hope no one crashes in it and blocks it. :eek:
    Too many slow corners and with the dust there will be no going offline to try and overtake. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

EvilMonkey wrote: »

was thinking the same about the pitexit, can imagine a car rolling down there and cutting out and marshals not being about to push it either way :pac:

EvilMonkey wrote: »

was thinking the same last night and with the circuit being that dirty its surely going to fill up with sand and crap. so dirty pit exit with cold tyres should be fun

• Advertisement

Any sign of a race being held in Portimao anytime soon, now that's a fine track.

amacachi wrote: »
    Any sign of a race being held in Portimao anytime soon, now that's a fine track.

awesome track no money : /

how awesome would Bathurst be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Grim. wrote: »

Any place with a turn named hell corner has to be on the F1 calendar..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Too flat for F1. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Thats one crazy pit exit alright.. Lots of time lost coming out after a pit stop??
    Could be a saviour in disguise for Kimi and Co... kers could save his bacon :D

Track looks a little too dangerous for F1. If they had enough money I'm sure there'd be a blind eye turned of course.

Advertisement