Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with blank discs, need info please.

• 15-10-2009 3:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi there,

I need some info on some blank discs (+/-Tevion/Sony) purchased a while back in Aldi's/Tesco as i didnt know whether it was the dvd player that was acting up?

The Tevion dvd+r disc had already files on the disc, but did not recognise anymore when i burnt more files using Nero Vision Express 4,1,0,4, as it can let you do a multi-session disc as i've done before?

The Tevion dvd-r disc burnt the files, but shows up as bad-disc on the dvd player?
    It only shows up as CD-Drive E on My Comp, but when using DiscInfo on NeroStartSmart it shows up the amount taken?

I got Sony discs last w/end 50pk for half-price, my first thought whats wrong with them? So i tracked someone down & asked whats wrong with them at that price & was told that different products are getting special offers every wk, i actually believed yer wan telling me this yarn!:o

As they're showing up as Bad discs as well!!

The dvd player i have is The Silvercrest model with USB front bought in LIDL'S, as someone will recognise it.

The DVD Burner is:
    TOSHIBA CD/DVDW SDR5372V
    Type : DVD±R/RW DL Recorder

Here are a few pics i took using CDDVD speed.

Thanks for any info received as this is driving me nuts.:mad:

If there is any more, just let me know.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The problem might be that when you want to use the discs anywhere besides the pc, you have to "close" the disk.

Before the click "burn" or "start" in Nero, make sure you have ticked a small option (usually at the bottom somewhere in a window in the middle of your screen) that says "close disk" or similar.

Then they should work in your players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Thanks for the reply, but i've not had that problem before.

As i only had to finalize/close the disc when the disc was full up & the dvd player was able to play it as it can play Mpeg4 files (also Divx/Xvid but not stating on the front of the player)

The discs i had before were Maxell+Tesco branded & strangely enough i had no problem with them.

But i didnt expect that to happen with the Sony discs.

Is it possible that some discs like Tevion/Sony only have one layer that wont accept multi-session discs?

I have only limited knowledge, as you learn something new every day.

I'm going to take these discs back to Aldi today, but does anyone have experience with these discs & anything else i've mentioned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Have you tried alternative burning software?
    Try and free burner and see if the peoblem is replicated - then let us know.

Here is one app: http://www.cdburnerxp.se/

Thanks, i'll try that out later as i'm heading into town in 20min.

I must try & burn to the DVD-RW just to see if it wasnt a fluke?

As it could be just those discs?

Well, where do i start!

I wasnt able to reply as later on that night as i came down with something viral & just getting over the worst of it now.

I tried a few tests with CDburnerXP v Nero
    (btw it took for ages with the .net framework to download to enable it)

11 tests:
    9 burn errors:
    2 Successful-but one turned out to be a bad disc (Tevion dvd-r)
    The other & only disc which was a success with CDBXP but not with Nero?
    & burn other sessions was a Tevion dvd-rw!

Here a few pics which can maybe tell a better story to someone that can understand it better than me.
    AFAIK i thought it was the whole DVDRW drive that had to be replaced or is it just the Burning application?

Can someone shed some light on that & put me out of my misery:(
    As this has been bugging me all week & trying to get back to it.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement