Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funniest working moment

Options
  • 15-10-2009 3:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭

just seen the thread there on worst working moment and thought id start up the funniest working moment you had. il get the ball rolling

ive had many funny you had to be there moments but one i can think off that you's might funny was i was working in a house in cabinteely and while i was down stairs running cable i heard a load bang and shout. ran up the stairs to see me buddy hanging upside down by his belt, the fcuking eijet was after coming through the roof. needless to say the builders didnt see the funny side:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Ah jaysus, I'll never forget the time I was working in a chipper van and I deep fried a nappy in batter instead of a fresh cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

This was one of my brother's funniest moments in work, but anyway...

He used to work in a village supermarket before he got his trade.

The place was being renovated and extended at the time and the boss was giving him instructions as to where put things.

The pair of them were clearing up some stuff that had just come in and my brother picks up a box and asks... "Where do we put these?"

The boss laughed for nearly a minute solid. The brother turned the box around and saw it was a box of Tampax.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

More of a prank than anything. A co worker was an out and out devout catholic. Didn't know bugger all about computers (really). One day at lunch I made a wallpaper with 666 on it in deep blood red, then arranged his desktop icons into an upsidedown cross.

I mean he wasn't even able to change his icons back without help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

My boss walking in on me while im enlarging a woman's breasts on Photoshop. Not my finest hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

One of my bosses was in the toilet cubicle and his mobile went off and he answered it. I made the joke that 'he was always on the job'. 'Twas funny at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Hmm, The fire extinguisher fight on the forecourt of a petrol station I worked in.

Playing frisby in a certain camping supplies shop and it flying out the door to hit some woman in the head (it was a soft frisby).

Having a race to see who can finish a cadburys chocolate cake and 2 litres of milk the fastest.

My mate eating a large packet of dry smash (the condensed mashed potato) then a pint of water.

Playing smash the bottle of out of date fanta lemon of the store room wall.

Putting a light bulb in the old microwave. (It just lights up).

Plenty of other irresponsible idiocy mainly in said petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭token56

Two of the greatest offices games myself and another work mate created, lightening ball i.e. handball in an office with no lights on with a glow in dark ball

and Volley chair cup, the winner of which got the curly wurly bowl: Playing volley ball with a plastic cup in office marked out into a court for a bowl full of curly wurlys and pride.

Some great times were had playing those games, also some damaging times.

Advertisement