Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent - PC Shops In New York - Urgent

• 15-10-2009 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

PC Shops In New York - Urgent

Does anyone know the name and or location of a good value PC hardware shop in New York City?

I know its short notice, I’m going tomorrow/tonight (Thursday 15th Oct) and it just popped into my head and I wouldn’t mind picking up some parts for my pc while I’m over there (Graphics card, HDD, Blue Ray Drive, Whatever’s good value really).

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Looks to be a Best Buy on 5th Ave. Ok for gadgets not so hot for components.

J&R are the biggest I've heard of. It's a shop I'd want to visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

Cheers mgadget

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

J&R are also the cheapest in the US for pretty much everything electronic. Check out the price comparison sites and you'll see them always comes out on top. Granted the sales tax will be added on which is 8.875% in NY but still way cheaper than over here.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Been to J&R many times it's great, if they're not the cheapest then it won't be by much and they have pretty much everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭hootini

J&R is without a doubt a place of wonder for techies. (But dont forget to take a walk down Lexington too as you might grab a bargain)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

Thanks for the info everyone, now i'm off! I'll bring back a stick of rock for ye all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

a lot of ny stores give 10% off on production of you passport, inquire first the last time i was there the passport had to be produced at each checkout, enjoy your trip, call into macys, in the basement you may get electrical deals, also up town manhattan columbus ave, a at&t shop often have unlocked ipones for around $100 i got my expenses back on then a few times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

You guys sent this fella off without mentioning B&H Photo. Tut tut. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

old boy wrote: »
    a lot of ny stores give 10% off on production of you passport, inquire first the last time i was there the passport had to be produced at each checkout, enjoy your trip, call into macys, in the basement you may get electrical deals, also up town manhattan columbus ave, a at&t shop often have unlocked ipones for around $100 i got my expenses back on then a few times

Do you happen to know name of this store or is it just a&t .Looking for an iphone ,what type are they for $100

Advertisement