Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbers

Options
  • 15-10-2009 4:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭

Hey anyone know of any good Barbers in the Swords area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

The one in the pavillions is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

is yer man still going down the end, ciaran i think, with the parrot??

for the record, he's not good, at least he wasnt when i was growing up, im just wondering...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Chris above howards hardware and rathbeale take away opposite jc's (€10 for dry cut)

Also Cj's barbers opposite eurospar in applewood (€12 for dry cut)
    Both of which I use and never once had a problem, then again i only get a 2 back and sides but still

Yes the fella with the parrot is still on the go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

is the parrot?

Táck wrote: »
    is yer man still going down the end, ciaran i think, with the parrot??

for the record, he's not good, at least he wasnt when i was growing up, im just wondering...

Yeah, he does a bad job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Its only a barbers FFS, I presume the OP isnt looking for some sort of Vidaal Sassoon styling :eek:

Sizzler wrote: »
    Its only a barbers FFS, I presume the OP isnt looking for some sort of Vidaal Sassoon styling :eek:

If he wanted Vidaal Sassoon styling I'm sure he'd go to the hair dressers... but that's neither here nor there, is it? He asked does anyone know of any GOOD barbers.

Presumably he wants a good one so he doesn't have to walk around for a month with a lop-sided bowler cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

If he wanted Vidaal Sassoon styling I'm sure he'd go to the hair dressers... but that's neither here nor there, is it? He asked does anyone know of any GOOD barbers.

Presumably he wants a good one so he doesn't have to walk around for a month with a lop-sided bowler cut.
    Not sure what barbers you go to but any barbers in Swords (and most other places!) are much of a muchness? If they make a bollix of it and give you a bowler hat special, simple, you tell them to f**king sort it out before you walk out :)

That's grand, assuming he has the skill to sort it out!

I suppose it depends on the cut you want too. Like some cuts require more skill than others and maybe some barbers are only good at some cuts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one for spikes, mullets, dyes or any of that ridiculous carry on but I don't get just a skinner either.

Anyway, I've tried a few places in Swords (and Donabate), ranging from just alright to bad but been to that place in the new wing of the Pavillions twice now and both times got a nice cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That's grand, assuming he has the skill to sort it out!

I suppose it depends on the cut you want too. Like some cuts require more skill than others and maybe some barbers are only good at some cuts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one for spikes, mullets, dyes or any of that ridiculous carry on but I don't get just a skinner either.

Anyway, I've tried a few places in Swords (and Donabate), ranging from just alright to bad but been to that place in the new wing of the Pavillions twice now and both times got a nice cut.

Seems like thats the one, I usually get a scissors cut and you are right, i dont want something with a lobsided botch job! I normally get a modern style haircut.

• Advertisement
Advertisement