Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for A class fighters for free

Options
  • 03-05-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Right lads We Have a show coming up in june around the 20th it is a mixed show kickboxing boxing and we are trying to get full rules mma but there will be no pay just need to get the crowd interested in this sport on this side of the city it will be held in the stadium ringside club south circular road we basically need two fights so four lads willing to fight a class rules.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Right lads We Have a show coming up in june around the 20th it is a mixed show kickboxing boxing and we are trying to get full rules mma but there will be no pay just need to get the crowd interested in this sport on this side of the city it will be held in the stadium ringside club south circular road we basically need two fights so four lads willing to fight a class rules.
    A class for no pay....cant see too many jumping for that tbh. It's professional A class remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ittmixedmartial

we are an ameteur organisation so we are just trying to get all the kickboxing fans an exciting fight we had a d class fight there a while ago but it was not very exciting its a show so we would like the lads to be able to kick and punch to the head

ittmma

• Registered Users Posts: 22 thebandit01

Cant see u pull of any A class fights with no pay. All pro fighters train hard to fight!!!! At the end of the night they need something to show for all there hard work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

we are an ameteur organisation so we are just trying to get all the kickboxing fans an exciting fight we had a d class fight there a while ago but it was not very exciting its a show so we would like the lads to be able to kick and punch to the head

ittmma

C class has punches and kicks to the head. If you find lads that prefer to stand then it can be just as exciting as A class.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

ittmma

Are you charging at the door?

Would you do a pro Kickboxing match for free?

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement

yeah we are charging on the door and what ya mean explain what your askin?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

You're not going to find many guys who fight A class who'll be willing to do it for free, especially at an event where there is an attendance charge

It's a bit disrespectful. A class is professional rules, ie. they get paid for doing so. There's more risk involved for the fighters

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

What i mean is who do you think you are expecting lads to fight Pro without pay, would you work on a building site for free?

Amateurs dont get payed, pro's do, only pro's fight A class-if lads done this without pay they would be lining your pockets and lowering the standards set in MMA in ireland-who do you have reffing and judging the MMA fights you plan on running?

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭irish fighter

No A,B,or C class fighter should ever fight at any show like this with out pay. This is mad talk we all train to hard for this kind of thing to move in to our sport. I have hard of a few of this type shows starting around not a good idea :mad:keep away PRO SEMI FIGHTERS.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

No A,B,or C class fighter should ever fight at any show like this with out pay. This is mad talk we all train to hard for this kind of thing to move in to our sport. I have hard of a few of this type shows starting around not a good idea :mad:keep away PRO SEMI FIGHTERS.

hear hear.
    In Spartan Promotions Shows i pay all fighters A,B,C Class. And i pay them well. Why should they get punched in the face for nothing? If you think your gonna get MMA fighters to fight for nothing your grossly mistaken. Ill not even tell you how much i paid out for Purses in Spartan 3 it would break your heart. Never mind Transport from England and Scotland for fighters. Accomodation, refs,judges, insurance, medical team,ring girls,trophies,food and water for fighters and of course the after party.
    I do this because these guys deserve it. They are the show.
    Rant over.
    Anyway is this not a thread for active fghters?

Marty Walker :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mickoo

C class is amateur, amateurs dont get payed-fair play if you give them a token payment but i know loads of C class fighters that never get payed, ring of truth dont pay it, neither do efr, tribal warfare or ultimate conflict to name a few as far as im told..

Pro a and b must be payed though..

i was asked by the promotor and i told him all this worth a shhot nywy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭irish fighter

mickoo wrote: »
    C class is amateur, amateurs dont get payed-fair play if you give them a token payment but i know loads of C class fighters that never get payed, ring of truth dont pay it, neither do efr, tribal warfare or ultimate conflict to name a few as far as im told..

Pro a and b must be payed though..

C class do get a cut of the tickets price from tickets they sell. C class amateur fighters should not fight on this type of show any way stay with the shows you know lads the people running them have come up with this sport and have been fighters or refs them self you will be looked after right.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Getting crowds interested on that side of the city? the majority of Dublin MMA shows have been on the Southside, in that very venue in fact.

Lads I'm up to my proverbials at the moment with the new gym but I'm in the middle of writing up a policy document for any promoters or potential promoters to have a look at and to consider voluntarily commiting to. I know we've been down this road before but I think it's becoming a really pressing problem and one that could damage us all as a sport in the future. bz.oglesby[at]gmail.com for more information and suggestions.

Advertisement