Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free tyre pressure and tread depth checks

• 15-10-2009 9:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭

michelin are in the ardkeen shopping centre today, they doing a free tyre safety check.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

is that just one of those things where they tell people who dont have a clue that their tires are in an awful state when there not and make them buy all new tires?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I went past Ardkeens old Esso station and there was a queue of cars, I had to laugh.

Fish a coin out of your pocket put it in one of the gooves near the "shoulder" push your thumbnail across the tyre wall and against the coin. Pull it away and have a look - if its 1.6mm or more you're okay. Buy a tyre gauge from Halfords, Deevys etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Heh, they were not that bad. Went there, just to hear what they would say, they put air into my tires (only two were low), and gave me a free keyring. No attempt at all to sell me new tires, just a leaflet highlighting their new 'Energy Saver' tires, and advising me to check the pressure once a month (which I usually do anyway).

Honestly.. if I get a puncture or bugger up one of my tires.. I go straight to Guinans out on the motor mile. If the guys told me I needed new tires, I'd just head out to him and get their opinion before I forked over any cash. But its not that hard to spot tires with a bad thread anyway.. its pretty obvious if one of your tires is going bald :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

guinan is the man.

Advertisement