Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Wardens

• 15-10-2009 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Read a piece in Tuesdays Clare people bout traffic wardens striking. Not sure why - something to do wi money anyway I presume. Does anyone know if they'll still be off Sat? Yey free parking hopefully..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Teadrinker

Cushla wrote: »
    Read a piece in Tuesdays Clare people bout traffic wardens striking. Not sure why - something to do wi money anyway I presume. Does anyone know if they'll still be off Sat? Yey free parking hopefully..

You read the article but you don't know what it said? Can only hope you are staying well away from the bypass!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cushla

It got boring....zzzz.
    I'm ok wi the bypass fortunatly :cool:

The traffic wardens want danger money because of verbal and physical assaults, including punching and biting, when handing out tickets to motorists in Ennis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Are they the same guys who clamped our car in the train station the day we went to Croke Park to support our U21 hurlers I wonder? There must have been at least 8 cars with clamps on that night. We had thought Sundays would have been ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Rujib1

Could you class these as public servants. If yes, sack them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Next time I see a traffic warden I'm going to give them a hug. I'd hate to see them get any money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

OMG the weekend of the clare match we went to dub on the saturday (not going to match, girly night out!!), came home on the sunday. my friend had a ticket on her car for saturday and when we returned on the sunday she left her car at the station so she could go for a few drinks! Back on mon morn to collect car, and it was clamped!

Poor thing didnt even have credit in her phone to ring clampers let alone the fine money. there was way more than 8 clamped when we were there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

finbarrk wrote: »
    Are they the same guys who clamped our car in the train station the day we went to Croke Park to support our U21 hurlers I wonder? There must have been at least 8 cars with clamps on that night. We had thought Sundays would have been ok.

No, the Town Council traffic wardens are not in charge of the station car park.

There are lots of signs which read '24 hour paid parking 7 days a week' - maybe they went up since the match? It's just a 2 Euro charge for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr Kamikazi

The trains station would surely hire a private contractor to enforce parking rules there, I'd be surprised if the traffic wardens had anything to do with it.
    I need to get around town and use loading bays to deliver stuff. The amount of times that ignorant b*stards abandon their car in them, blocking them up completely to go and get themselves an ice cream makes my blood boil.
    If I see a car in a loading bay I usually park 1.5 mm from their bumper and hopefully block them in. And when I come back to see a big FAT ticket under their wiper, I nearly weep with joy.
    The thing is that the rules of the road are only sketchily enforced in this town and when it's school out, match, mass, dole day, wedding or, god help me, a funeral, all courtesy, manners and common sense goes out the window and people just wildly abandon their cars everywhere they please.
    If anything the traffic wardens are WAY to lenient, as soon as someone abandons their car they should come over and say "move, move, move, I don't care, move, I'm going to write a ticket in 5,4,3,2,1, there you go, move, move..."

There should be backup from the Gardai, assault a traffic warden, get arrested, thrown in a nice cell to cool off, then court, VERY hefty fine and possibly jail.
    I personally wouldn't want their job, these guys are trying to achieve a balance between total enforcement of the rules and ignoring them altogether. Surely they get no thanks for it, but someone's gotta do it.
    I for one salute them on doing a difficult job in difficult circumstances.

• Advertisement
Advertisement