Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for 5D owners

• 15-10-2009 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hubby got his 2nd hand 5D delivered yesterday. It won't autofocus in Manual mode.. It will in Auto mode and the custom function mode. It will if you press the * button in every other mode, not the shutter button. This is the same regardless of the lens. Any idea if this is a setting or not?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

Using the * button to focus is set in custom function 04 (shutter/ae lock button), set that to 0 if you want to use the shutter button to focus.

Not sure about not focusing in manual mode though. What is custom function 19 set to? It might be that. Set it to 0 and see if it works in manual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

ttcomet wrote: »
    Using the * button to focus is set in custom function 04 (shutter/ae lock button), set that to 0 if you want to use the shutter button to focus.

Not sure about not focusing in manual mode though. What is custom function 19 set to? It might be that. Set it to 0 and see if it works in manual.

Thanks for the help.. 19 is already at 0. With function 04 set to 0, it works in Cfn, alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I'd do a full factory reset of the camera settings to avoid any surprises, then walk through the custom settings and set what you want. When I got my F100 a while back (first body I've ever owned with an LCD screen :-)) I thought the AF wasn't working because the shutter button wouldn't do it, I hunted down the manual for the custom functions and discovered it was set to just use the AF-ON button on the back. Probably similar to your problem above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Did as Daire suggested, then changed custom function 4 to 0, so we're back on track :) Thanks, folks!

Advertisement