Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any veggies going to try out world vegan week?

Options
  • 15-10-2009 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

Is any vegetarians here going to go vegan for the World Vegan Week starting on the 25th October?

I was thinking of doing it to see how I get on and also to practice my vegan cooking!

If anyone is interested in this, here is the information I was sent by AFAR animal rights:

Celebrate Compassion...
    The 4th annual World GO VEGAN Week is taking place this year from October 25 through 31. This week is a celebration of compassion and a time to take action for animals, the environment and everyone’s well-being. We encourage people to use this week to use this week to educate their community about the vegan lifestyle as a compassionate, sustainable, and healthy way of eating and living. Promoting veganism through outreach events and the media, we know that our annual World GO VEGAN Week is helping make the word "vegan" a household word, universally recognized as meaning love and compassion for all living beings.
    World GO VEGAN Week is also about celebrating what it means to be vegan. Veganism enables people to live in balance with all of Earth's creatures and promote freedom from exploitation for animals as part of their everyday lives. Modern animal agriculture is cruel and violent toward the chickens, cows, pigs and other creatures used to make meat, milk and eggs.
    During World GO VEGAN Week, we encourage people to become conscious of what - and who - they are eating, the effect it has on the world, and that a non-violent alternative exists.
    We urge people to recognize the effects their actions have on the world, and our ability to actually avert some impending disasters such as global warming.
    PLEASE COME AND HELP AT THE VEGAN INFORMATION TABLE IN DUBLIN AT
    COLLEGE GREEN ON SATURDAY 31st October 2009- FROM 12noon to 4pm.
    RING AFAR AT 0872651720

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Cool, hadn't heard about this before. Am Vegan myself but it's a great boost for informing as well as encouraging those interested to become vegan. Where exactly is this information table?

more info: http://www.worldgoveganweek.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

I do their veggie leafleting with them often at the weekends and usually they have them near Trinity College. Not sure where in College Green this table will be but i'll ask. I'm hoping to help out with it so will defiantly need to find out!

Yes it is cool, I think it's a great idea as I would love to be vegan and see that week as a great challenge for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

yep, im gonna be giving it a shot. at this point, it's mostly just cutting out things with 'milk solids' in the ingredients, and maybe egg. looking forwards to it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Yep and it's yummy yum yum :-)

Typical work lunch of wholemeal vegan pitta with char-grilled pepper hummus, some harissa, toasted olive tofu & loaded with fresh baby spinach.
    *Yummy Noises* :D

Advertisement