Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Dont do Broadband anymore ? But use vodafone instead ?

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

I just rang Vodafone there to change my package from the €62 24mb with off peak calls to the €52 7mb with anytime calls. Firstly they tried to charge me €21 to downgrade and then they said I must sign up to a 12 months contract?

Anyone else get out of signing up to this 12 months contract, I find it strange that by only changing a package they can force me to sign up for 12 months? It would be like Sky sticking you with a 12 months contract when you downgrade from the movie/sports channels!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Hey guys,

My father was with BT under a business broadband and phone package, and he says he was contacted today by telephone telling him that his contact expires at the end of this month and he must now take out a new contract. I thought the contracts would just continue to roll over as the letter he received a few months back suggested? Ill have to get a hold of him to see what exactly the rep said over the telephone, but I suspect they are trying to move him to a more expensive package.

Anyone know the situation with the migration from BT Ireland to Vodafone for those under business packages?

Cheers!

The contract keeps rolling on, no need to sign up for another 12 months. The rep that contacted him was spoofing so he could put it down as a sale.

Don't sign up for another 12 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

branners69 wrote: »
    I just rang Vodafone there to change my package from the €62 24mb with off peak calls to the €52 7mb with anytime calls. Firstly they tried to charge me €21 to downgrade and then they said I must sign up to a 12 months contract?

Anyone else get out of signing up to this 12 months contract, I find it strange that by only changing a package they can force me to sign up for 12 months? It would be like Sky sticking you with a 12 months contract when you downgrade from the movie/sports channels!!!

No I asked over in the Talk to Vodaphone forum and it took awhile to get the answer but it was no. Trying to move from 8mb to 7mb for a savings of 20 euro but they want a new 12 month contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I got a letter from Vodafone recently saying they will be upgrading me from 3 mb to 8mb at no extra cost. It seems they are feeling the pressure from Chorus upgrades and want to tie people for as long as they can.

I also checked if I could move from the 3mb + talk to 3mb + off peak, which would give landline calls for free and just a €1 increase in package price, but.... that would involve a one year contract, which I have no intention to signing up to. Chorus fibre will be in my area in a few months, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

I'm a recent BT refugee to Vodafone, I have found no difference in speed, I have however noticed Speedtest.net still states my ISP is Esat, will this change?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

TheZohan wrote: »
    The contract keeps rolling on, no need to sign up for another 12 months. The rep that contacted him was spoofing so he could put it down as a sale.

Don't sign up for another 12 months.

Thanks - I found out what it was, something completely different. Vodafone seem to be changing all of the static IP addresses that were handed out under BT. Pain in the arse to be honest, as I need to go and reconfigure the server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭branners69

Am done with Vodafone. I have had an afternoon of pure hassle with them.

Apparently Vodafone can only offer me the 7mb package with total calls and 30gb download limit for €56 for another 30gb it would cost €4 so a total cost of €60, whilst all other vodafone customers get it for €52! So I have contacted Eircom and UPC to see who wants my business as it is obvious that Vodafone dont want it!

If you are a previous customer of BTs you will be a second class citizen with Vodafone!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

Can anyone help me out here because Vodafone's customer care is awful? I can't register on their Vodafone View because I'm not on the mobile network. The whole thing is really starting to annoy me.

We switched over from BT and have the same router. The speeds weren't great before and get worse in the evening, unsurprisingly. But a few days ago the main desktop stopped working. It's connected alright, but pages seem to load forever and ever - I can't visit anything though the PC still thinks it's connected.

Wirelessly, the connection works fine on both my Nokia and this laptop. But the direct Ethernet connection to the router won't. Anyone got any ideas? The best the guy in the call centre could come up with was uninstall your web browser. And I download a new one...how? It's driving me crazy, anyone have any recommendations apart from leaving them?

Advertisement