Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Dont do Broadband anymore ? But use vodafone instead ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Does anyone know if Vodafone are enforcing the caps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Riddler83

Bit confused, wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. Been noticing for the last couple of weeks that my speeds were horrendous (On BT 7mb package), so figured I had been moved to vf even though I hadnt got the letter. Rang BT to check it out and they said no, I wasnt being moved until 24th of February. BUT,,,speedtest is showing my ISP as vodafone.

So basically, has anyone come across anything similar, where vodafone seem to have taken over the line without informing you. Ill be ringing vf tomorrow to see what the story is!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭boomslang

@ Riddler83

I had the same for about 2 weeks before the actual switchover. After switch I had some back and forth to esat servers, seems stable now on vodafone servers. I also had initial speed issues. But for over a week has stayed solid. Although I'm monitoring this daily to be sure.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Moving to UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wildswan

We got switched over from bt to vodafone automatically a few weeks ago, and it never stops disconnecting. Was perfect when bt ran the same line.
    It's a pain, as you can't reliably download anything.

I think vodafone are probably using bandwidth for their mobile services?

Seems everyone has this problem.

Anyway we are currently looking for a new provider!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

wildswan wrote: »

Try this for your download problem..

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Could someone advice me on an issue that I'm having with BT still billing me after I cancelled a contract with them?

Contract Issue

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,515 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

We got switched over from bt to vodafone automatically a few weeks ago, and it never stops disconnecting. Was perfect when bt ran the same line.

switched to imagine after vodafone and it's like a weight off my mind. so much easier to deal with although the switch over was a pain as vodafone took ages to release the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Have you tried your new username/password?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I'm in the exact same boat as you.

Vodafone are terrible, connection drops all the time. There's a thread on it over here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I've moved my broadband to UPC but Vodafone are dragging their heels about cancelling the broadband on the ADSL line. I can't port my phone number over to UPC until they release it. :mad:

I've been getting great speeds for over two months now. :D

But this morning I got 'The Vodafone letter'. Two months and I'll be swapped over from BT to Vodafone. God I'm dreading it. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

i left vodafone broadband 3 months after i migrated from bt, their techs are NOT techs customer service havent a clue , and when i sent 2 pms to vodafone paul on here i got no reply .

What about the new automatic 12 month contract? Were you penalised?

kleefarr wrote: »
    What about the new automatic 12 month contract? Were you penalised?

BT customers weren't subject to a new contract.

Jonathan wrote: »
    BT customers weren't subject to a new contract.

That's good news.
    I'll see what it's like when I get it before making any decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

No A: i was still in ther reminder of my bt contract (i didnt want to be migrated to vodafone , i had no choice)

B: They were not providing the service they were supposed to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

I got the letter last week but only just noticed that they want to move me from the BT 24mb package @ €48.70pm to the Voda 24mb @ €56pm

I rang them there but nobody was able to explain why there was an increase of €7.30 for the same old service.

I had thought there were honouring the T's & C's of the BT contract.

Anyone else have the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

i got the first letter too. was worried about the prive difference as they charege more then BT and eircom. if they are going to up the price, and i have a feeling lower the upload speed, im going to move to eircom just does not make sense from a purely consumer standpoint.

There was no mention fo price on the letter I got. Just telling me they would be swapping me over within the next two months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

sorry i should have said... that was the second letter id received... giving me actual dates and plan comparison.

Rang voda there to see why there was a price difference for a lesser service (upload downgrade to 768Kbps) but apparently since im not yet activated on their system yet they could not tell me anything... useless.

I think i will probably wait and see how the speeds are etc and possibly move to UPC 30Mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

got the second letter with the plan comparison but its missing the date i assume it would be early april

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

Just a tip for people that are still with BT. Switch your package now as if you want to downgrade you will signed into a 1 year contract. Not sure if your BT commitments switch. But find out for sure now because I am positive about after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

Can Vodafone offer the same service as Bt Broadband ?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

With BT I share the line with 24 others with Vodaphone it will be 48. Keep meaning to move to Magnet or UPC!

When it first emerged that BT were leaving I got a letter offering me a month free service if I signed a one year contract - which I didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

I got a letter in my place last week saying broadband would finally be in our area in 12 weeks at all.

so hopefully I rang ntl and they dont seem too know whats goin on at all they said eh em ah em it will be in your place by may or june :p

magnet net I was goin to sign up with rory on here hes the magnet guy on boards.

55 euro a month for 10mb I told him make it 40 like ntl and we have a deal and he said no way. I said far enough

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭wildswan

Just to update, I had serious problems, but it seems to be ok for the last 2 weeks or so. Might be teething troubles, to be fair to vodafone. I was convinced they were robbing us ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭1013

I was with BT for years; their customer service was a disaster, and billing also had problems. However, the product worked and was stable which is why I stayed with them

With the move to Vodafone, I'm not so happy. Line drops out for no obvious reason, or resets itself more than once a day etc. Recently they have made changes to the way the service works, despite them saying that there would be no change.

I'm not sure that I want to go with Eircom either, and UPC don't seem to have a good reputation, based on the comments on Boards.

The question now is who should I go with?

I have a land line, so a service similar to the one BT provided will do me just fine.

Suggestions welcome!

Thanks

PS Should have mentioned: based in Dublin, near Dun Laoghaire

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hey guys,

My father was with BT under a business broadband and phone package, and he says he was contacted today by telephone telling him that his contact expires at the end of this month and he must now take out a new contract. I thought the contracts would just continue to roll over as the letter he received a few months back suggested? Ill have to get a hold of him to see what exactly the rep said over the telephone, but I suspect they are trying to move him to a more expensive package.

Anyone know the situation with the migration from BT Ireland to Vodafone for those under business packages?

Cheers!

Advertisement