Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been thrown out of a pub or club?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Was air-lifted out of GPO in Galway on my 19th after being fed a copious amount of cheap sh1te - fun times :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Got into a shouting match with a girl group called fe:mail who over ran their set time.

I gigged with them once

/pointless story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

yes i was literally thrown out of a nitelclub in greece cause one mates was in a fight , jumped in front of him to pull him away , next thing i know this big greek bouncer picks three of us in his arms and just throws us out the door , mate gets kicked in the head while lying der , i just lying der in agony my foot killin me but manage to walk to top of strip and get taxi back apartments , wake up in the morning foot still killin me go d medical centre turns out i broke my ankle in d melee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

was out wit a mate recently and we were chatting to a girl, grand, next thing her friend came over from the bar, our eyes met, "nice!", i thought, til i took in the rest of her... ohh dear, poor girl looked pure "emaciated", i turned away and made a bee line for the toilets as i just felt that "lump" in my throat before you heave, didnt make it in time, so iinstinctively put my hand over my mouth, which only made the situation worse as i sprayed the poor guy that stands at the toilet entrance while at the same time making a fruitless gesture to excuse me. carried on into the toilet, heaving in the urinal, splattering everywhere, and just when i seemed to take a break to draw breath, a bouncer was standing over my shoulder.... pathetic pleadings of "no, im not drunk, i just got sick 'cos...", fell on deaf ears.

only time i have ever experienced such embarrassment and mortification. i've been back to the club regularly since, but always keep my head down when approaching the door in a "he knows, i know!" understanding with the bouncer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

xsiborg wrote: »
    you'll always get that 1% that let their ego's get in the way of their job- let it go! simples! :)

I agree. You were only vomiting all over other customers.

No harm there.

What's his problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

stovelid wrote: »
    Also, bit embarrassing, but once a random girl walked by and dipped her mouth in my pint and blew it everywhere so I poured it over her and got asked to leave but the bouncer was quite understanding when he knew what happened.

The same whore will fight tooth and nail to get the bouncer on her side, saying "we were only having a laugh" or some sh!t. I hate how women in seem to think they can get away with this crap in pubs/clubs. Skipping queues, entering the mens toilet, stealing your drinks. You say something to them and you are the cnut... how the hell does that work out???

Was fecked out of a pub one night, went to the toilet and I seen my friends husband shagging some fat whore in the jacks. Thought it was another bloke at first. Barman kicked me out as he was a regular, I wasn't...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Just once - when I was 19/20. For being too drunk. I wasn't doing anything hugely problematic though - just falling asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

The Master wrote: »
    I gigged with them once

/pointless story

It was also at a gig, or after a gig when I got into the row with them.

It involved:

Them over-running their set time by 20 minutes on a 30 minute set with 4 bands on the bill.

a drum stool

several Jagermeister

the phrase "you're a **** Corrs knock off, and the Corrs are **** to begin with".

2 bouncers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

xsiborg wrote: »
    was out wit a mate recently and we were chatting to a girl, grand, next thing her friend came over from the bar, our eyes met, "nice!", i thought, til i took in the rest of her... ohh dear, poor girl looked pure "emaciated", i turned away and made a bee line for the toilets as i just felt that "lump" in my throat before you heave, didnt make it in time, so iinstinctively put my hand over my mouth, which only made the situation worse as i sprayed the poor guy that stands at the toilet entrance while at the same time making a fruitless gesture to excuse me. carried on into the toilet, heaving in the urinal, splattering everywhere, and just when i seemed to take a break to draw breath, a bouncer was standing over my shoulder.... pathetic pleadings of "no, im not drunk, i just got sick 'cos...", fell on deaf ears.

only time i have ever experienced such embarrassment and mortification. i've been back to the club regularly since, but always keep my head down when approaching the door in a "he knows, i know!" understanding with the bouncer.

You got sick because you saw a skinny girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

paddyc wrote: »
    loads of times, mostly for stuff like taking a mouthful of beer then pretending to whisper into a woman ear and spraying it into her ear :)

even at 32 i still love doing it :)

How is that fun? :confused:

• Advertisement

You got sick because you saw a skinny girl?

Empathetic bulimia.

Worth a shot, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I met a girl for a date in the Clonsilla Inn in Dublin one night about 5 years ago. Theres a bit of a background but I'll spare you.

Anyhow a really enjoyable night came to a close and the two of us were getting ready to leave she noticed that her Jacket was missing. The pair of us walked the length of the pub searching for this jacket and it was nowhere to be seen.

She assumed that it had been stolen and we decided to leave. However, on the way out she asked me to check the ladies toilets to see if her coat was there as a favour. For some strange I actually agreed to this and actually lasted about 10 seconds before getting caught by one of the bouncers and was asked to leave immediately. I wasnt even drunk.

She phoned me the following morning and as it turns out, there was one place we didnt check. THE CLOAK ROOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Acacia wrote: »
    paddyc wrote: »
    loads of times, mostly for stuff like taking a mouthful of beer then pretending to whisper into a woman ear and spraying it into her ear :)

did you not read his post...he pretended to whisper into a woman ear and sprayed beer into her ear..classic :D:D:D

Acacia wrote: »

It means you never get to lose your virginity, and in the long-term never have a partner or kids, meaning you have far more disposable income with which to have fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Got thrown outta the Academy there about a good few months ago, after a gig in there queueing up some knacker thought it would be a great idea to skip past everyone in the line to get his jacket first but sure he got down to me and pushed me outta the way and well, me and my mate milled him backwards and just as it was about to kick off down comes the bouncers and out I go and your man wasn't even kicked out.:confused:

Been back there a few times since and the bounce always remembers me, but well I told him the story and it's all good and I ain't barred.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I got thrown out of the shanty pub in between killarney and tralee for climbing up on the roof with a leprecaun hat on. It was a nice day and we were outside and I decided it would be a good plan

DONT TRY THAT AT HOME KIDS

I also got thrown out of renissance in tallaght for getting sick one night couldnt quite make it to the toilet so a corner was the next best thing.

As soon as I was finished bouncer grabs me and opens the fire exit door there was only me and him so at the start i fancied my chances until I seen the fresh blood on the floor I left politely then full of manner went to the plaza and even scored quality night !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Bazzy wrote: »
    I got thrown out of the shanty pub in between killarney and tralee for climbing up on the roof with a leprecaun hat on. It was a nice day and we were outside and I decided it would be a good plan

DONT TRY THAT AT HOME KIDS

I also got thrown out of renissance in tallaght for getting sick one night couldnt quite make it to the toilet so a corner was the next best thing.

As soon as I was finished bouncer grabs me and opens the fire exit door there was only me and him so at the start i fancied my chances until I seen the fresh blood on the floor I left politely then full of manner went to the plaza and even scored quality night !
    pity whoever u pulled , you must have smelt horrible cause of the sick that is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

pity whoever u pulled , you must have smelt horrible cause of the sick that is :)

Nothing a shot of creme de menthe can's hide :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭whodoo

Yeah but for reasons like
    1. having fun*
    2. spilling drink

Its important not to take it personally and just leave, i reckon. :cool:

*i appreciated that "having fun" is an extremely vague explanation - "cough"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

I was thrown out of the Pod once. My crime was taking back a full pack of smokes that the Bouncer/Table cleaner guy removed from our table (along with a few empty glasses etc)

He wass walking off holding the stuff over his head, I tried tapping him on the back to alert him that he'd stolen me smokes but he blanked me.

So I just reached up and took the smokes back. He paid attention then, he went into a Roid rage and him and 5 other bouncers threw me out a fire door. I still had their hand prints in bruise form on my arms for a few weeks after.

I was a 9 stone woman so obviously it took 5 or 6 beefy heads to chuck me out! :rolleyes:

I reported it to Harcourt st guards but the Pods explanation was they used agency security staff and would not have a clue who would have been working on their premesis the previous night....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

A few of us got kicked outta base bar a few weeks back for sneaking in drink. I felt classy :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

No, but I have been *helped* out once at the end of the night.
    Turns out hollow legs aren't sufficient supports for walking.
    Fun night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Once when I was 16 or 17 we got thrown out of a pub, because we had no ids.

Of course this was AFTER they had sold us about 3 rounds of drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

gaz wac wrote: »
    did you not read his post...he pretended to whisper into a woman ear and sprayed beer into her ear..classic :D:D:D

Oh yeah, I get it now....

:confused:

*backs away slowly*
    stovelid wrote: »
    It means you never get to lose your virginity, and in the long-term never have a partner or kids, meaning you have far more disposable income with which to have fun.

Sounds like a plan!:P

You sure aren't going to get laid if you go around spraying drinks into women's ears...unless this is some sort of new sexual thing I've not heard of...kids these days...

LowOdour wrote: »
    Got thrown out the GPO (galway) on St.paddy's day many moons ago. Was drinking since about 12pm that day so that i got in at all was an achievement. I feel asleep in one of the chairs, bouncer woke me up and told me to leave. was fairly sound about it.

I think my record of getting kicked out and getting back into a nightclub was GPO.It was Rag week and I got kicked out three times and got back in every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I have been kicked out, to my utter shame it was because the barman didn`t believe I was over 18 (I was 24 at the time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

My proudest kicking out would have to be the student bar in ucd. Myself and this lady I was intimate with at the time decided to make a game out of knocking over eachother's pints. Got to the point of throwing over tables full of pints screaming laughing at eachother, bouincers didn't take well to that though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Yes.

On a stag a number of years ago. All I remember is seeing one of the stag group getting his jocks pulled up over his head (must of hurt), next I remember chatting to the bouncer outside. We were all thrown out. I would have thrown us all out!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

My proudest kicking out would have to be the student bar in ucd. Myself and this lady I was intimate with at the time decided to make a game out of knocking over eachother's pints. Got to the point of throwing over tables full of pints screaming laughing at eachother, bouincers didn't take well to that though.
    Student, enough said :P

Advertisement