Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever been thrown out of a pub or club?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    I was asked to leave a club last night? Why? Because i turned down some infested bit of ass and her friend didnt take kindly to me laughing at her, so she broke a bottle, stuck it to my face, i take it off her, she calls her bouncer friend who then drags me out of the club making fun of my clothes.

he didnt take kindly to me making fun of his "clothes". Bouncer clothes are better than mine? good man yourself. Your children must be proud of you.

CNUT!

Man that the worse. Drunk women coming up to u and then getting well missed if your not interested. its really anoying cuz u can't really do much too them other than just try and push them away gently cuz your the one that will get screwed over if u do anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Once years ago at a crappy club at home. One of my friends really wanted condoms, but there was no machine in the girls' loo so rat-arsed me volunteered to go on a quest to the lads toilets for her. Walking in going "well, lads, how are ye, don't mind me, just need to get some condoms", feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see a kind of embarrassed looking bouncer (I was only about 16 at the time). I feigned innocence "Oh my, these are the boys toilets? Silly old me!" but it didn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

No, generally you would have to really be acting the maggot to get thrown out.
    I have seen quite alot of ****tards being thrown out following violence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 redhugh

mikom wrote: »
    It was in Wexford.

more details to be found here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

A few times back in the day. The most recent I was really drunk and dropped glass by accident. Then I repeated the process 10 minutes later :o

Other times, well lets say I naturally have a serious/ border-line angry looking face. (I can't help it, but I'm really very friendly.) So then when I am actually in bad humor I look like I wanna stab someone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 redhugh

A friend of mine, fairly pissed was sitting in a club between a table of pints and another fella, the emergency door was behind him down about 3 steps and there was a ramp down from the door to the car park, the drunk fella fell backwards and in a panic grabbed the table to his left and the other fella to his right, he hit the bar that opens them emergency doors they swung open and he rolled out backwards into the carpark with the table of drinks and other fella with him. We were all in heristics laughing the bouncer came up looked out into the carpark laughed then collected the table and shut the doors on them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

i sure have.. after going to the trouble of getting in the back way (i was 17 at the time), which included getting onto the roof, and making a jump over a drop of 2 stories.. the bouncers got me and threw me out the c*nts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭chachabinx

Let me tell you first... Australia have a lock out rule... walk out the front door after half 2 & you can't get back in...

Right here's my story

In the best nightclub I've ever been in.. dancing my socks off & went upstairs for a smoke... sat down & took my shoes off to give me feet a break!!

Anyways had my smoke & went to put them back on & one of them was gone... there was a load of ozzy blokes beside me & i couldn't have been anyone else... so I was nice about it sayin did u see me shoe?? And they weer ****in assholes about it "WE DONT HAVE YOUR **** SHOE!"

So I presumed they had trown it over the side of the beer garden (we were on the 2nd floor).. so I went down to the bouncers & said asked them could I go outside to get it... and they said ye no problem... IT WASN'T THERE & then when I went back they said you can't come in in no shoes... next thing the guys walked buy & threw my shoes at me & told me to **** off back to my own country... NICE!!

Went to go back into the club & it was lockout time... they wouldn't let me back in... I wouldn't mind my mate came down to give me the key & I shouted at her "DONT WALK OUT THEY WONT LET YOU BACK IN" and she did anyways and they let her back in... assholes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Piste wrote: »
    There are a lot of scumbags on this thread.....

No just regular Joes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Chuileog wrote: »
    Once from the red box in dublin. Caught shagging in a cubicle in the ladies loo. My lady friend managed to talk the bouncers into letting me back in after about 10 mins:) They were pretty amused by it all in fairness.

Oh yeah .. your post reminds me. Was thrown out of The Country Club in Dunshaughlin the night of my Debs, many moons ago now, for being in a cubicle with a girl. Seemed at the time (as I was 18) that life to come would be full of moments like this - it wasn't :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Examples maybe ??

Adyx wrote: »
    Never been thrown out, thrown a lot of people out though. Especially students. Love throwing out students. :D

Why especially students? Just curious..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Nope.
    But I've thrown probably hundreds of people out of various clubs & pubs in Dublin & Kildare (Leixlip)..
    I'd say your the craic alright!.
    Let the people laugh ffs.

There's been lots of occasions when I could have been thrown out of a asked to leave a premises but wasn't, I'd hazard a guess as to say I look like it would be hard work for the security staff, but however.

With the size of you, I would say 1) yes you have actually thrown people out rather than "thrown" people out! and 2) Yes i would say the establishments entire security force would be tied up for quite a while trying to eject you!

My own experience, years ago when The Village was Mono, had my first college night out there, long story short, 5 pints, 15 shots of red aftershock, about 10 smirnoff ice, I fall and apparently cracked a girl in the face as I'm trying to stop myself from falling, bouncer picks me up, I get to the top of the stairs and tell him I cant walk down there, he pretty much carrys me! I was f**ked beyond belief. Never have gotten anywhere near as drunk in my life.

Never really had a fight in a club/pub, but i know a few who have...

A mate from Galway was in the Skeff with his GF and a few others, the bouncer comes up and asks him to leave, he'd had 2/3 pints of the black stuff at this stage. So he says for what, bouncer says a girl has accused you of trying to feel her up/grope her/assault her, so he's like I havent even been to the toilet yet, I haven't left my seat. Bouncers like look you have to go, so he just says f**k it, his girlfriend then is saying no way he hasnt done anything, check the CCTV get the gardai up here etc etc... bouncer says "shut up you fat cow" so my mate floors the bouncer, floors the 2nd bouncer, floors the 3rd bouncer before getting over powered and manhandled out.

Mental!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

chachabinx wrote: »
    Let me tell you first... Australia have a lock out rule... walk out the front door after half 2 & you can't get back in...

Right here's my story

In the best nightclub I've ever been in.. dancing my socks off & went upstairs for a smoke... sat down & took my shoes off to give me feet a break!!

Anyways had my smoke & went to put them back on & one of them was gone... there was a load of ozzy blokes beside me & i couldn't have been anyone else... so I was nice about it sayin did u see me shoe?? And they weer ****in assholes about it "WE DONT HAVE YOUR **** SHOE!"

So I presumed they had trown it over the side of the beer garden (we were on the 2nd floor).. so I went down to the bouncers & said asked them could I go outside to get it... and they said ye no problem... IT WASN'T THERE & then when I went back they said you can't come in in no shoes... next thing the guys walked buy & threw my shoes at me & told me to **** off back to my own country... NICE!!

Went to go back into the club & it was lockout time... they wouldn't let me back in... I wouldn't mind my mate came down to give me the key & I shouted at her "DONT WALK OUT THEY WONT LET YOU BACK IN" and she did anyways and they let her back in... assholes!!

A friend of mine got punched in the street in Perth for being Irish and told they didn't want our kind around.

I never thought Australia was like that, considering their history, but I guess that kind of crap goes on everywhere. Hopefully by a select few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I got thrown once because I took my shoes off and laid down on the dancefloor trying to trip people up.

NothingMan wrote: »
    A friend of mine got punched in the street in Perth for being Irish and told they didn't want our kind around.

I never thought Australia was like that, considering their history, but I guess that kind of crap goes on everywhere. Hopefully by a select few.

You sure it was cause they were Irish? Large precentage of Aussies are Irish and any reports I get from mates that come home now and again have nothing but good things to say. If anything actually - it would seem Aussies go overboard with rolling out the welcome mat for the Irish.

I was kicked out of the club under tripod last year. I decided that using bulmers as a mixer with vodka would be a good idea(tastes good btw). All of a sudden I felt really ill and made a dash for the toilet, when a bouncer saw that i looked queasy and tried to confront me. He wouldn't let me past so I proceeded to projectile vomit in his face. Got some kicking on the way out but it was totally worth it.
    Oh my god I wee'd a little bit when I read that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Nico22 wrote: »
    You sure it was cause they were Irish? Large precentage of Aussies are Irish and any reports I get from mates that come home now and again have nothing but good things to say. If anything actually - it would seem Aussies go overboard with rolling out the welcome mat for the Irish.

Possitive, but then again Irish people would roll out the welcome mat for almost anybody too, but you still get some scum on a friday night who'll say this kind of stuff and get into a fight.

I was really surprised, it's the only time I had heard anything like this about Australia until that story a few posts back.

The police in Perth told them to try and avoid that part of town on the weekends as it was quite common for attacks on foreigners.

Ive been thrown out of many fine establishments over the years..

One that sticks in my mind tho was a couple of year ago i was playin a gig in eamon dorans and got a little worse for wear.. so much in fact i went to the bar.. asked for a lucozade and proceeded to take the crouching tiger hidden naggin out of my sock and pour it at the bar right in front of the bemused bar man.. naturally he asked what the **** i was doing.. to which i answered 'fook off ya owl bollix!!.. i pay your wages'.. needless to say my feet didn't touch the ground and before i knew it i had two ape like bouncers pick me up by the arms, lift me up the steps and throw me out onto the cobbles..

and the only thing i could come up with to say in my drunken state was ' didnt want to stay in you poxy bleedin bar anyway yiz **** yiz!'
    FAIL

Haha you deserved that ... gettin too big for your boots!!

• Advertisement

NothingMan wrote: »

They're all rasist bastards... horrible horrible people...

When he said "go home to your own country"

i said "I don't wanna wreak my own I have to live there"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Especially the ones who were refused entry for knacker drinking cans on the street.

Urrgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

stovelid wrote: »
    Especially the ones who were refused entry for knacker drinking cans on the street.

Urrgh.

I was about to say that.

People who live in glass houses and all that craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I dont think there is anyone who has never had an issue with doormen. Big or small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Nico22 wrote: »
    Why especially students? Just curious..
    My proudest kicking out would have to be the student bar in ucd. Myself and this lady I was intimate with at the time decided to make a game out of knocking over each other's pints. Got to the point of throwing over tables full of pints screaming laughing at each other, bouincers didn't take well to that though.
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    My days in UCD found me getting kicked out of the student quite a bit. My proudest/most shameful kick out came whilst pissed drunk at a saw doctors gig. I decided to rip off the metal lampshades on the pool table and go around doing the "I'm Chinese" from Father Ted to everyone in the bar.

This is why. Not that I was involved in either incident, but they are typical examples of the lack of respect and regard shown by many students in pubs/clubs which may not be their local. The damage they cause in the name of "fun" is ridiculous. Toilets blocked or broken, hand-dryers ripped off walls, fire extinguishers set-off, glasses broken (on purpose) not to mention the thievery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Just once so far, for being underage :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I dont think there is anyone who has never had an issue with doormen. Big or small.
    I've never had a problem with doormen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

vangoz wrote: »
    No just regular Joes.

I despair for Ireland.
    Examples maybe ??

I'd be banned for calling people scumbags if I gave examples!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

The first time I got 'thrown out' of a night club, I was 17.

In fairness, I was in College at the time. :)

I was 'thrown out' by the same bouncer who let me in. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

I've never had a problem with doormen

Good to know you get on with your co-workers! :D

Swizz wrote: »
    Good to know you get on with your co-workers! :D
    shockingly enough I never drink where I work. I much prefer galway, belfast or dub than this hole!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Quality wrote: »
    Have you ever been thrown out of a pub or club?

I can honestly 100% say, I don't remember ever being thrown out of a pub or club! :cool:
    got thrown out in Taffes in Sligo for walking into the girls toilet by accident

It's Toffs!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 louise.m

I lost my friends so went into the toilet to hang for a while, where I managed to fall asleep in the cubicle (clothes on). I woke to being hoisted out by those girls who monitor the bathrooms in clubs and was thrown out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I was thrown out of Andrews Lane after the guy who gives the stamps on the door grabbed me and seriosuly hurt my arm, blood and all, He accused me of having drink in my bag but before he gave me chance to show him It was a perfume bottle he was hearing he lunged at me.
    I threatened to call the garda and place charges and the bouncers just picked me up and threw me outside.....I wouldn't mind but I hadn't even had a drink yet

I also got thrown out of te Button Factory cause I was underage, but snuck back in as it was my friends leaving party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

DigiGal wrote: »
    I was thrown out of Andrews Lane after the guy who gives the stamps on the door grabbed me and seriosuly hurt my arm, blood and all, He accused me of having drink in my bag but before he gave me chance to show him It was a perfume bottle he was hearing he lunged at me.
    I threatened to call the garda and place charges and the bouncers just picked me up and threw me outside.....I wouldn't mind but I hadn't even had a drink yet

I take it you pressed charges after this anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

With the size of you, I would say 1) yes you have actually thrown people out rather than "thrown" people out! and 2) Yes i would say the establishments entire security force would be tied up for quite a while trying to eject you!

My own experience, years ago when The Village was Mono, had my first college night out there, long story short, 5 pints, 15 shots of red aftershock, about 10 smirnoff ice, I fall and apparently cracked a girl in the face as I'm trying to stop myself from falling, bouncer picks me up, I get to the top of the stairs and tell him I cant walk down there, he pretty much carrys me! I was f**ked beyond belief. Never have gotten anywhere near as drunk in my life.

Never really had a fight in a club/pub, but i know a few who have...

A mate from Galway was in the Skeff with his GF and a few others, the bouncer comes up and asks him to leave, he'd had 2/3 pints of the black stuff at this stage. So he says for what, bouncer says a girl has accused you of trying to feel her up/grope her/assault her, so he's like I havent even been to the toilet yet, I haven't left my seat. Bouncers like look you have to go, so he just says f**k it, his girlfriend then is saying no way he hasnt done anything, check the CCTV get the gardai up here etc etc... bouncer says "shut up you fat cow" so my mate floors the bouncer, floors the 2nd bouncer, floors the 3rd bouncer before getting over powered and manhandled out.

Mental!

That sounds about right for the Skeff. :mad:

Got thrown out once for having a bit of a wrestling match with my cousin on the cuba dancefloor. Both of took it a bit too seriously and ended up getting thrown out. We went and got chips and went home, got in the following week

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ye lots of night clubs.

'welcome back any time'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Dublin is so differant, especially in town. We were in a pub on parnell street last weekend, could barely finish our last point. Bouncer breathing down your neck... pretty annoying.

The local hotel, nobody bothers you, stumbled out of there at 4AM on several occasions.

Our local back home, lol, you could be in there until 4 or 5 and in carlow I have had lock ins until 9 or 10 the next morning... great. Dublin is a bit crappy for that though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

I've been escorted out of a few nightclubs for stupid reasons. Can't remember most of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Once you put a fat monkey with no self esteem in a suit, you have a doorman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Some of the boards regulars are bouncers.

They're going to go ape.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

My proudest kicking out would have to be the student bar in ucd. Myself and this lady I was intimate with at the time decided to make a game out of knocking over eachother's pints. Got to the point of throwing over tables full of pints screaming laughing at eachother, bouincers didn't take well to that though.

Oh you and your classy lady friend sound like great fun!!!!!

(definitely something to be proud of:rolleyes:)

personally, as a customer, I would personally throw a couple of twats out if I saw them acting like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I've only ever been kicked out of a place once, in a nightclub in Coventry.. climbed onto a stage beside a dancer and started feeling her up

was worth it

*checks* no not fat, yup self esteem, and what's this I can also read, passed my leaving cert,chose to work instead of going to college but now I am becoming a personal trainer. Wow it's a miracle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭ccosgrave

I've only been thrown out once, that was about five years ago when I was 15. I was in the local nightclub and a couple of my friends who were actually over 18 were thrown out for skinning up in the toilets (according to them it was another guy who left before the bouncer showed up), so they decided that we were all drug dealers and threw all of us out. The rest of the bouncers knew it was ridiculous though, they let us all back in the very next night.

I nearly got thrown out just after walking in the door of a club last week though. I walked up to the bouncer - trying to look as cool as possible but was absoluetly plastered - and handed him my ID. He seemed happy enough, and let me in, so I walked towards the door, but en route, I drunkenly veered off widely to the left and walked into a pole on the street. The bouncer that just let me in came up to me and really wanted to kick me out, but I assured him after several minutes that I was good and all was well.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

nope, i am a respectable person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

^:rolleyes: We're all just knackers.

I fell asleep in a strip club in Prague, the bouncer picked me up and said "you sleep in your own bed".

That's it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭fingerbob

Quite alot of times, bit of a knob when I have vodka in me. One time I was sitting down in a beer garden in Central park in newcastle with one leg blocking the pathway and a bouncer came and told me to move my leg and for some reason I thought I had some right for it to be there so I said no and he came back a few minutes later with a few more bouncers and kicked me out where I then made a bit of fuss outside and got punched in the face by Glenn Ross, who for those of you who don't know is Britains strongest man. Needless to say that was sore and the next week I had to do some arse kissing to get back in.

p.s. I'm not as big of a dickhead as I sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭An Ard Ri

A few times. In no particular order:
    • Smoking
    • Singing
    • Pouring my own pint
    • Liberating a bottle of spirits from behind the bar
    • Getting into arguments (not fights)
    We live and learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

A few times, even once on Christams day ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

No, never.

Advertisement