Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HELP, used 2stroke instead of petrol

Options
  • 15-10-2009 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

dont judge me, i no it was stupid... i accidently grabbed the 2 stroke petrol jerycan thinkin it was just unleaded. i just put in about a litre tops, it was only to get me as far as the petrol station.

ANYWAY, im wondering if sum1 out ther knows how i can get it out?
    i have turned the key.

its a corsa b. 2000. 1.4litre engine.
    would greatly appreciate some help.
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

depends how bad its smoking. if you fill the tank to the brim with only 1lt of pre mixed 2 stroke i wouldent think the problem should be that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What mixture was it? Was the car almost empty? If it's only a litre at say 1/50 i'd be thinking you might get away with just brimming the tank and forgetting about it? Do bear in mind that i'm no mechanic, though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 theREALtrinder

thanks.
    the mixture was more than likely 1:12 petrol to 2stroke
    it was for sum stupid garden hedge cutting thing...
    yeah the car was empty, it konked out in the drive.

iv only got 10euro to my name atm tho so filling it cud be difficult... thanks for ur reply tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

The funny thing I have heard in a long time OP. Just don't drive it till you can afford to fill it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Should do any harm at all. Might confuse the O2 sensors a little, bu that's about it. 2-stroke oil is supposed to be burned anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

My father has filled up his car with 1:50 2 stroke many a time (left over from boat fishing trips) and not had a problem. Well when i say fill he maybe but in 25 litres of the 1:50 mix to 10 litres petrol. I am sure it dirties the plugs a bit but he has been running on the same set for at least 2 years and has filled it with 2 stroke on maybe 10-20 ocassions.

Brim the tank and you will be fine but maybe don trun it on 1:12 if you can, thats a high mix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Also you mean 1:12 2 stroke : petrol yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Drive on and enjoy the smoke screen behind you till you fill it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

Drive on it'll be fine;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 theREALtrinder

she's up nd runnin nd bak to normal antics lol... ppl in traffic wern 2 pleased with me for a while but its grand again. thanks guys..

nd yeah, twelve parts petrol, 1 part 2 stroke, sorry haha..
    sound lads:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

thanks.
    the mixture was more than likely 1:12 petrol to 2stroke
    it was for sum stupid garden hedge cutting thing...
    yeah the car was empty, it konked out in the drive.

iv only got 10euro to my name atm tho so filling it cud be difficult... thanks for ur reply tho

the strongest mix for any 2 stroke engines is 25:1.
    The worst it will do is slighly foul the plugs of your car. Don't worry about doing any damage, it won't. Exhaust will look a little smokey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Move along - nothing to see here.

The small bit of 2 stroke oil won't have a major impact. It's that diluted that it'll burn and pass through. Maybe a bit of smoke but not much. Fill the tank to dilute it further. There is a slim chance that it may damage the catalytic convertor but suck it and see.

Advertisement