Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where's Pat Kenny???

• 15-10-2009 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭

Thought he was meant to be in Donegal on the radio today but heard Myles.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 andyc09lad

pat the plank didint show up, i suppose us donegal folk were to culchie for him the t**t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Northerners aren't culchies, you're some form of weird sub group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

andyc09lad wrote: »
    pat the plank didint show up, i suppose us donegal folk were to culchie for him the t**t

He has a virus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

mike65 wrote: »
    He has a virus.

My sympathies to Pat but every cloud has a silver lining. Once it emerges there is a virus within a million miles of Montrose, Ryan will be gone for a fortnight. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

He has a virus.

Thank you Mike, I must Myles took up the baton very well, although I must say I still like Pat on the radio.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

bmaxi wrote: »
    My sympathies to Pat but every cloud has a silver lining. Once it emerges there is a virus within a million miles of Montrose, Ryan will be gone for a fortnight. :)

Sadly, historically he has proven to do quite the opposite. The hint of a 24 hour common cold in the air is sufficient ammunition for G Ryan to whinge for 3 weeks about how he has "the flu"; how terrible this "flu" is; the amount of bodily secretions having this "flu" makes him produce (and their various colours & viscosity levels) and how he is such a game little squaddie for even turning up to work with this killer virus in his system.

He will then be told by a medical expert that there is no flu virus currently doing the rounds, and G Ryan will contradict him, because he has the "flu".

Same crap every year.

Hope it's nothing serious with Pat, mind you. He's decent enough on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

one of pats daughters is very ill with swine flu

Really? Myles Dungan said him, still maybe thats what he thought was the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Who cares?

Check where you are posting - the theme is where's Pat Kenny. That a child of his is very ill might be relevant to his not being on air.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Check where you are posting - the theme is where's Pat Kenny. That a child of his is very ill might be relevant to his not being on air.

couldn't have said it better myself :)

Apparently Pat is really angry this has come out, fingers crossed she gets better soon.

No secrets any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

950k a year doesnt keep the flu at bay. Nice to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Barnaby

Seriously there is a very sick child involved here, can we cut the jibes?

orourkeda wrote: »
    950k a year doesnt keep the flu at bay. Nice to know

very bad taste dude. Don't do it again, please.

Listened monday morning and he never thanked Myles or Rachel for standing in at short notice.:confused:
    tbh wrote: »
    Apparently Pat is really angry this has come out, .
    Not sure why so? He's in the public eye, people are interested.

I hope his daughter is on the road to recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Not sure of the day but he did thank them, could have been Tue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,593 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I was wondering why Rachel English was on (doing a very good job too) a whole ago, this explains why...

Not sure of the day but he did thank them, could have been Tue.

Better late than never, maybe he was prompted to do so. I have to say I still find him easy on the ear.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Pat's on holidays and we have Miles Dungan back in. He just about manages 15 minutes of current affairs and then he turns the rest of the show into some sort of 2nd rate Arts show interviewing unknown artists, singers, authors etc. Why do RTE do this every year? Are they trying to drive away the loyal listeners of the show. George Lee is looking for something to do in between topping up the coffee maker. Why can't he be used or is it in Pat's contract that the show has to be a pile of dung any time he is away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Pat Kenny was sent back in time to bore Sarah Connor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The section which Pat usually happens after 11am, featuring somebody talking about their book (which pat has no doubt read and loves), has become very very boring.

Agree I didn't bother with it at all yesterday. Yawn inducing stuff

Here is the official RTE summer/christmas moan thread ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

He had an interesting interview with Bret Easton Ellis on yesterdays show. I turned it off after that.

Heard him on Matt Coopers show yesterday (as is the way with these celebs)

Heard him on Matt Coopers show yesterday (as is the way with these celebs)

slightly off-topic but Matt always makes me cringe whenever he does a "celeb" interview - some of the questions he was asking your man yesterday were pretty vapid - he should stick to the serious stuff. He reminds me of Kenny in that respect

bringing it back on-topic like a pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

To be fair, there's not much current affairs ammo around that Morning Ireland haven't well and truly chewed up earlier. With our great leaders on holidays there's not as much bullsh1t press releases emitting from Leinster House.

I tend to agree. I know people on here get irritated by the great summer clear out, but if we agree that everyone's entitled to holidays, I'd rather they take them now while there's nothing happening than during the rest of the year when the dail is in session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Lenny Lovett

tbh wrote: »
    I tend to agree. I know people on here get irritated by the great summer clear out, but if we agree that everyone's entitled to holidays, I'd rather they take them now while there's nothing happening than during the rest of the year when the dail is in session.
    I think it's the length of time they clear off for that p1sses everyone off more than the fact that they take holidays at the same time.Although Pat Kenny was on up until two weeks ago. He used to do a flit at the start of June.

I chuckled a few weeks back when one of them was having a pop at Mary O'Rourke over the TDs taking twelve weeks holidays and she batted it right back at them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement