Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppies second heat

Options
  • 15-10-2009 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi all, my sibe bitch is just coming into her second heat, yet she is still a couple of weeks shy of her 1st birthday. Her first one was back at the start of June. Is so soon and so young normal?:confused:

Cheers Anto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Most bitches heat cycles are 6 months, however it is not unheard of for them to be 4/5 months. I presume her first one was at about 8 months, which is totally normal, and now if she's back in heat it's not something to be too worried about. Like women and periods, each bitch has it's own cycle and some are just shorter that others. If you have any concerns about her health at all, contact your vet - that's what they are there for!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭goldenshower

Thanks lorebringer. No not concerned about her health at all. She healthier than me! Just thought that it was a bit soon after the first one. Does it mean that all her heats will be 4 months apart now? Looks like the big fella is back to the boarding kennels for another holiday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Does it mean that all her heats will be 4 months apart now?

I would plan for this. It can take up to he age of 2 for heat cycles to settle into a good pattern, but you should prob prepare for her next one to be in 4 months. Get out your calender! ;)

Advertisement