Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VEC tutor rate of pay.

• 15-10-2009 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi everyone,

I wonder would anybody know what the rate of pay is for an ESOL teacher / adult education tutor with the VEC?

I have seen a couple of these jobs advertised in the last few months and I got to thinking if it would be a good option for me to go back to work part time... problem is I can't find any information anywhere on the net....

If anybody knows what the going rates are for somebody with an ESOL qualification, degree & masters is I'd be really happy to hear it!

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I work for a VEC and it's 44.13 Euro and hour, or something like that. I think all VECs are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 heidi123

Hi Dory,

Thanks a mill for that. I wasn't sure how much it would be but that's pretty good.

Hopefully a vacancy will come up soon so I can apply...thanks ;-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'm not sure now. Every TEFL teacher I know earns in the region of 10-12 Euro and hour, and they all have degrees/masters as well. But they work for private companies, not a VEC. I'm just presuming here that you would also get the VEC rate of pay.

Advertisement