Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Camping show in the NEC...who went/is going?

• 15-10-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

I was at the NEC all day yesterday , at the Camping.Caravanning show.. who else is attending?

I took no pics , as I mostly went to hook up with the Adria stand guys and girls , but a few hours spent wandering around didn't fill me with any great excitement.... The quality of a lot of the core brands seems to be steadily slipping , apart from the ridiculously overpriced stuff . Shame really... and the UKDM stuff is still churning out Campers with side couches both sides , great for sitting in but crap for sleeping in . And a complete absence of rear seatbelts!
    Overall too , I was stunned at the UK prices , for the (poor?) quality of a lot of them European and Uk alike . And don't get me started on the price of the Conversions!!:mad:

After what the 3 of us saw yesterday , we're happy to stay with the dealership we have.....

Your opinions of the show , folks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Not going to the NEC as we are heading on a cruise next weekend
    arrgghhhh a non motorhome holiday;)
    But we are going to Manchester in January but I guess it will a much smaller affair then? Got flights for a fiver - no taxes - so it will a cheapish weekend hopefully. Hoping to get a gawk at some Swifts and Bessies though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Hope you enjoy it!

My post seems very down on reflection , when I say poor quality , I don't mean they are thrown together , just that they don't appear to have improved over the last few years . And in some the timberwork is getting ever thinner and lighter .

Why Swift/Bessacarr? Both part of the same company... One thing I don't like about them is the lack of any Conduiting or protection for the pipes and wires at the back of the presses and in the lockers , it all looks a bit vulnerable forwhen you start stowing stuff .

Another thing getting very popular is pull down beds in the front, over the lounge , where the presses come down with the bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

AAArghhhh..... crap.. forgot all about it. Would have loved to have gone..

and the UKDM stuff is still churning out Campers with side couches both sides , great for sitting in but crap for sleeping in . And a complete absence of rear seatbelts!

can't figure that out... Some UK machines are like a massive runway up the middle..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

KoNiT wrote: »
    can't figure that out... Some UK machines are like a massive runway up the middle..

Yeah ...but you get a double gas oven that wouldn't be out of place in a restaurant :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

We really need the floorspace here as we spend so much time indoors what with all the rain in Ireland. Especially if you have kids. So many of the European models are cramped inside. And of course the oven is a Godsend for Pizza, garlic bread etc. Another disadvantage of the motorhome - no transport to wander around i.e. chinese takeaway:p once you hace set up.#
    Is it not law to have rear seatbelts fitted since January 2009? Maybe I'm wrong.

Sorry , when /I said an absence , I meant 6 berths with maybe 3 or 4 belts in total .
    Lots of theEuropean builts are coming with full ovens , ours have had it most models for 3 years .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Well when one buys a UK Motorhome one gets , Three gas rings, one electric ring, oven grill, and microwave. So thats a lot of cooking facilities when out on Aires etc. But i have to admit i met a guy during the Summer who summed it all up very well when talking about the price of Campers of all types he said to me " They are an awful price to buy and really all you get is Ikea on wheels "
    Enough said i think.

Advertisement