Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Limerick hairdressers & waxers?

Options
  • 15-10-2009 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi!

I'm moving to Limerick from Aus soon to start my exchange at UL and was was wondering if people could recommend good (or excellent!) hairdressers and brazillian/hollywood waxers?
    It's taken me ages to find a hairdresser and waxer that I can trust here and I'm terrified about having my hair butchered....
    Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Bellissimo, Dock Road, Limerick is good for hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭buttercupbee

Noelle in Peter Marks William Street is SOOO GREAT! She is unbelievably precise and talks you through her every move. Has over ten years experience. Never disappoints. Knows exactly what you mean.
    I have never found a better stylist.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

+1 on Bellissimo, but it can be a bit pricey. If you're on a budget, I'd recommend checking out their Academy which is trainees doing cuts/colours so for practically nothing on the price. I can totally vouch for the Academy: it's fully supervised every single step of the way (literally!) and you can feel completely at ease for a fraction of the price. It's definitely worth it. The only downside is that it does take a little longer on time as, obviously, they're learning so a little slower, but the difference in cost is worth it!

For waxing/beauty salon, my personal recommendation would be Seventh Heaven on the Ennis Road (right across from the Clarion Suites) - not Seventh Heaven in Annacotty though. Although the same company, I found the beauticians in the Ennis Road to be far, far superior. My friend is a dedicated fan of Primrose Beauty on William Street. I've also used Heavenly Bodies just off Thomas Street (in the little alley way going between Thomas and William Streets, besides A/Wear on William St side and between Brown Thomas and Kranks...oh no wait, it's some chicken place now...fast food restaurant on Thomas St side) on occasion too and found them to be good, too. But Seventh Heaven on Ennis Road if you can get to it is very professional and good value for money (the girls always get the tweezers out at the end they hate hair so much! ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CSlatts

For waxing the best I found is Pauline in Plush Dooradoyle. Very thorough!

For hair I have to agree that the academy is the best value but you do have to be patient, I've always had a good experience there but have heard stories about not good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement