Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holdem manager blocked by Avast as malware

Options
  • 15-10-2009 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Trying to open version 1.09 beta 35. Avast won't allow gives virus detected message.

How do I allow programme to run?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Trying to open version 1.09 beta 35. Avast won't allow gives virus detected message.

How do I allow programme to run?

start > control Panel> Programs/add remove programs.

Uninstall avast and install www.avira.com

Problem solved, Avira will allow you to make an exception ignore the warning message.

If you want to pay, www.Kaspersky.com is the way to go

Samba wrote: »
    start > control Panel> Programs/add remove programs.

Uninstall avast and install www.avira.com

Problem solved, Avira will allow you to make an exception ignore the warning message.

If you want to pay, www.Kaspersky.com is the way to go

Thanks Samba,but.

Its not clear yet if these are in fact Trojans, I may be over cautious but I don't fancy the ignore option just yet.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Thanks Samba,but.

Its not clear yet if these are in fact Trojans, I may be over cautious but I don't fancy the ignore option just yet.:(

Didn't read the discussion sorry...I wouldn't be too worried about it, false alarms are quite common with modern AV apps,though, better safe than sorry is a good approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Happened to me last nght as well, updated from beta 36 to beta 38 just now and its still happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

This happened to me today with beta 30. I set AVG to ignore incidences of HMImport.exe and it was fine after that. Annoying though.

downloading version 1.08.04 of HEM apparently works ok, thats probably a safer option than "ignore threat" route on beta versions.

At least till they sort the beta problem completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I switched to AVG, all good now.

downloading version 1.08.04 of HEM apparently works ok, thats probably a safer option than "ignore threat" route on beta versions.

At least till they sort the beta problem completely.

Please ignore, didn't work for me, I use avast:(

Advertisement