Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hopefully different Autumn C&C *warning large images*

• 15-10-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Autumn_7_by_superflyninja.jpg

Autumn_3_by_superflyninja.jpg

Autumn_5_by_superflyninja.jpg

Autumn1_by_superflyninja.jpg

Autumn2_by_superflyninja.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Excellent, love them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I like the first shot and really love the last shot. The blue is beautiful!!

Good work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Very nice, first one especially. Colours look a bit unnatural (says me:rolleyes:) but I think it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

My favourite would be #1 as well. Like the light and texture. And even though there are many leaves due to the different colours it works for me.
    #2 Is just leaves to me and I'm not sure if you wanted to focus on one or all of them.
    The background leaves in #3+4 are too colourful and distract from those you want to point out I think.
    #5 would come second for me as there are no other leaves distracting. I personally am just not sure about the blue.
    My 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

daycent wrote: »
    Very nice, first one especially. Colours look a bit unnatural (says me:rolleyes:) but I think it works.

yup I tried to get a slightly antique hue on that one..hence it looks a bit unnatural!! cos it is.... thanks for the comments!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

xia wrote: »
    My favourite would be #1 as well. Like the light and texture. And even though there are many leaves due to the different colours it works for me.
    #2 Is just leaves to me and I'm not sure if you wanted to focus on one or all of them.I wanted to focus more on the colours and not specific leaves
    The background leaves in #3+4 are too colourful and distract from those you want to point out I think. For number three i wanted the colours of the leaves in focus to blend with those in the backround.. in an attmept to draw you in to the image...though im not sure that works!
    #5 would come second for me as there are no other leaves distracting. I personally am just not sure about the blue.
    My 2 cents.
    cheers for your comments! appreciado!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Had another look.
    Maybe for #2 a different angle would have been better to show the colours. With the DoF it looks as if you want to focus on one particular leaf.
    I see where you are coming from on #3. Maybe with the leaves in front a littler bigger would be better. At the moment the background leavs to me are like a wall that don't allow the foreground leaves to be seen immediately. But I'm not sure how to achieve what you wanted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Love the colours. 1 & 5 are the two for me - especially when I spotted the daddy long legs hiding under a leaf in 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

guys, I am asking this purely as a learner so please no one take any offense. I love th ephotos but

Is no. 1 not a bit over exposed ? particularly the top leaf and the next one down to the right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

dnme wrote: »
    guys, I am asking this purely as a learner so please no one take any offense. I love th ephotos but

Is no. 1 not a bit over exposed ? particularly the top leaf and the next one down to the right ?

Maybe a bit but I think it works well. If those more exposed parts where fine then the rest of the image would be underexposed.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭dnme

kjt wrote: »
    Maybe a bit but I think it works well. If those more exposed parts where fine then the rest of the image would be underexposed.....

gotcha, many thanks
    btw I love the last one, the way its backlit and the blue in the blurred background is magnificent.

Advertisement