Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massa and Alonso: 2007 lives again!

• 15-10-2009 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79435

Massa still clearly thinks Renault got away scot free, cost him the championship, and Alonso must have known about it.

I sense sparks at Ferrari next year, there is no way, despite whatever PR fluff gets put up, that Massa and Alonso are going to work well together. Stefano should have kept Kimi, he couldn't care less who his teammate is - and Massa & hamilton together at McLaren? That would be fun too...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I think Alonso needs to be careful. He's already been with the other big team in F1 (McLaren) and look how that turned out. Ferrari are the other big team and I don't think he can risk another year of fall outs and stuff with his team mate. He needs to avoid getting a reputation that he can only succeed at Renault when he has everything his own way and a nice soft number 2 driver who isn't going to push him very hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

heres the quote from the story
    "It was the team and Nelson - but Alonso was part of the problem. He knew. We can not know it [but] of course he knew. [It's an] absolute certainty."

The comments created a huge media storm in Brazil ahead of this weekend's grand prix, and Massa and Ferrari moved to clarify the remarks in a statement issued on the Maranello team's official website on Wednesday evening.

In it, Massa said that his comments relate to a feeling he has rather than being based on facts, and he totally respects the FIA's findings from its investigations that Alonso was not aware of the crash plot.

"What I've said is the outcome of a hunch I've had and is not based on any concrete evidence," Massa said in his statement. "The FIA World Council announced that there was no indication that Fernando may have been informed of what had happened and I respect this outcome.

just seems to be massa getting himself into trouble, and then having to backtrack

not a great start for next year, but if they are both wise they won't make much of it and its good to see ferrari addressing quickly with the clarification... on the other hand could be the start of conflict if ferrari can't control them

heres alonso sort of dismissing it as nothing much
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79461

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

But he was very careful not to backtrack - he never withdrew his statement that he thinks Alonso knew about the whole thing. He's clearly been very very pissed off since this came out that a) Renault got away with it, b) Alonso got away with it and c) no change to the results. If I were Piquet Jr, I would be keeping away from Interlagos this weekend!

I don't blame him for being pissed actually, but the truth is that he didn't win in Singapore because the team botched his stop, nothing else. If he wants Alonso stripped of the win, all that means is that Hamilton gets a extra points and the last corner at Brazil means nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

He said the exact same stuff after Singapore 08 and no one listened to him. :pac:
    I'm sure we will see plenty of shots of Massa and Alonso together this weekend now.
    Massa has always been a team player and this is Alonso's last chance at a big team.
    I doubt their will be a problem next year.

Advertisement