Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is an equitable rent share?

Options
  • 15-10-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

Just something that came up and I personally didn't have a strong view on it either way.

So apartment is 1100 per month. With a couple sharing the bigger of the two bedrooms and one person in the smaller bedroom. All bills are shared evenly three ways other than the rent.

The suggestion was for the couple to pay 350 each or 700 in total and the single person to pay the remaining 400.

What so you think is the most fair way to spilt the rent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Seems fair enough but imagine for a second if they weren't a couple but 2 friends sharing a twin. Don't think it's as fair then. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Grawns wrote: »
    Seems fair enough but imagine for a second if they weren't a couple but 2 friends sharing a twin. Don't think it's as fair then. Just a thought.

I used Victors equation in the Equitable House sticky and it comes out as 430, 335 and 335.

Although I'm not exactly sure why the formula works. Maybe Victor can explain. Victor?

Advertisement