If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50" plasma TV

Options
  • 15-10-2009 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi,

I live in Dublin and was advised I can contact you here and save myself a trip to Belfast...

I'm interested in buying a low/mid-end 50" plasma TV (possibly an LG)...

any chances to have a plasma tv delivered to Dublin?

any clearance or open box TVs available?

what does the 5-year warranty cover?

thanks in advance... Roberto

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

robnet77 wrote: »
    Hi,

I live in Dublin and was advised I can contact you here and save myself a trip to Belfast...

I'm interested in buying a low/mid-end 50" plasma TV (possibly an LG)...

any chances to have a plasma tv delivered to Dublin?

any clearance or open box TVs available?

what does the 5-year warranty cover?

thanks in advance... Roberto

Roberto,

Thanks for the post - at the moment we are really having issues with Plasma deliveries as our courier appears to have taken a specific dislike to plasma or maybe they have just been listening to too much Nick Lowe

The only option at the moment we have is that on ocassion our own guys can personally deliver some Plasmas if you are in the Dublin area or to The Philips shop - however we cannot do this within our normal 48 hour timescale!

Anyway - you have probably hit the nail on the head with your choice of 50" Plasma - I would go for the LG every time - we have 2 models - the 50PQ3000 at just £599.95 - however if I were you I would go for the 50PQ6000 every time over the 3000 - it really is a cracking TV and it looks like it should cost £1000 (don't worry it's only £699 / €769.99) I have just sold a 6000 to a family member and it looks just superb and they are delighted with it!

Here are details of the 5 year cover which costs just 10% of the Screen cost http://www.richersounds.com/information/warranties

Thanks again for the post and if I can assist in any we will do our best,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭robnet77

hi,

thanks for the prompt reply, and to think that I sent a mail to some online sites asking for information and I still have to hear back from them at several days' distance... surely I won't bother dealing with them...

my doubts are:

- can I use the Philips shop as collection point, and also in case I need to leave you my TV for repair (being aware this would increase the repair time anyway)?

- does the extended warranty cover accidental damage?

thanks in advance! cheers
    Roberto

hi,

thanks for the prompt reply, and to think that I sent a mail to some online sites asking for information and I still have to hear back from them at several days' distance... surely I won't bother dealing with them...

my doubts are:

- can I use the Philips shop as collection point, and also in case I need to leave you my TV for repair (being aware this would increase the repair time anyway)?

Roberto

Yes you can use The Philips Shop as a collection point for most products and on the second point, no, our panel protection does not cover accidential damage - you will find that most warranties don't cover accidental damage - however you will probably find that your household cover will include accidental damage.

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

hi again,

I think I'll get more value from the LG 50PQ3000 considering my needs...

so, how do I order it? payment type? delivery times? :)

thanks for sparing me the hassle!

Roberto

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

hi,

my doubts are:

Roberto

Welcome to Richersound:D

• Advertisement

ASTRACLUB wrote: »
    Welcome to Richersound:D

thanks, though I have the sneaky feeling that you were referring to my first post not just to welcome me... :)

Yes you can use The Philips Shop as a collection point for most products and on the second point, no, our panel protection does not cover accidential damage - you will find that most warranties don't cover accidental damage - however you will probably find that your household cover will include accidental damage.

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

hi, please update me on this when you get a chance :)

hi again,

Roberto

Roberto,

thanks again for the posts and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The 50PQ3000 is an in-store only product at the moment and has to be collected from Befast unless one of our own guys is moving from Store to store and brings one with him - if you wanted one on this basis I cannot guarantee delivery times but you would be guaranteed one within 10-14 days - it just depends on who is going to Belfast and in what car/van - on this basis we could arrange for one to be collected from the Philips shop subject to stock availablility of course!

On the service issue - yes if there is a service issue on large screen TV it can be left into The Philips Shop - however LG do offer an 'at home' service in the ROI as well which would be handier.

Thanks again and apologies for the delay in getting back to you,

ATB,

John Mc

yep no worries, that's fine, the sooner the better for me, I can wait for up to two weeks for the delivery, it's still more convenient than going to Belfast I guess.

Please let me know how to pay and whether any delivery charge applies, cheers!

(btw I'll go for the 5-year warranty)

p.s. since you posted a link to that silly song I can't get it out of my head :pac:

hey are these DVD players any good?

SAMSUNG DVD1080P8

I've seen them on richersounds site and checked some reviews, most people are impressed, I just hope they're not too noisy.

Do you recommend any particular DVD player in the low-end line? If one has a USB port it would be much better...

Thanks,
    Roberto

• Advertisement

hey John you'd better sell me this tv before I start fancying a trip to Northern Ireland going on a Panasonic hunt :D

hi again,

Roberto

bump, are we ok for the LG 50PQ3000? do you have one available? please let me know at your earliest convenience, I don't want to put this off any further, thanks

bump, are we ok for the LG 50PQ3000? do you have one available? please let me know at your earliest convenience, I don't want to put this off any further, thanks

Robnet,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you - we are mad on LG 50PQ3000 and whilst I have a load of stock coming in tomorrow (Friday) they are already reserved and we won't have free stock until the 30th October - if you would like me to reserve one for the 30th just drop me a line and again apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

BTW if you were determined to travel we may have the Pana TXP50X10 in on Monday (Tuesday latest) at just £669 / €749.99 - but this is a UK model!

Keep me posted

ATB,

John Mc

Robnet,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you - we are mad on LG 50PQ3000 and whilst I have a load of stock coming in tomorrow (Friday) they are already reserved and we won't have free stock until the 30th October - if you would like me to reserve one for the 30th just drop me a line and again apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

BTW if you were determined to travel we may have the Pana TXP50X10 in on Monday (Tuesday latest) at just £669 / €749.99 - but this is a UK model!

Keep me posted

ATB,

John Mc

hi,

in case I waited till the 30th of October, when would I have the TV delivered in Dublin? would there be a charge for the delivery?

and in case I chose the Panasonic instead, would I be able to watch all Irish channels via NTL?

thanks,
    Roberto

I'm changing my mind, this is taking too long...

now it's either a Panasonic X10 (I wrote to Panasonic UK in order to sort out the doubt with RTE and other channels not being received, in the meantime, and I'm checking prices around) or a Samsung PS50B430: how long would it take you to deliver one of those latter to the Philips Shop?

thanks...

hey again...
    having to wait has paid off apparently...

although Panasonic hasn't replied yet, House of Fraser (tho which I asked the same question) has, they claim there are no problems whatsoever with UK Panasonic plasma TVs to work fine in Ireland!
    So I guess the UHF/VHF issue is a thing of the past!

They also have a very good deal on Panasonic TX-P50X10, which they are selling for 699£ including a 5-year warranty: can you beat them on that?

Thanks again...
    Roberto

...House of Fraser... have a very good deal on Panasonic TX-P50X10, which they are selling for 699£ including a 5-year warranty: can you beat them on that?

Thanks again...
    Roberto

I'm answering my question by myself after checking richersounds.com site moments ago...

price for the X10 has decreased to 599£ :)

if you have one ready for Saturday I'll pay you a visit in Belfast!
    please let me know! thanks...

hey again...
    having to wait has paid off apparently...

although Panasonic hasn't replied yet, House of Fraser (tho which I asked the same question) has, they claim there are no problems whatsoever with UK Panasonic plasma TVs to work fine in Ireland!
    So I guess the UHF/VHF issue is a thing of the past!

They also have a very good deal on Panasonic TX-P50X10, which they are selling for 699£ including a 5-year warranty: can you beat them on that?

Thanks again...
    Roberto

Roberto,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm not sure where House of Fraser got their info - but I have to tell you that unfortunately their information is 99.99% incorrect!

If you purchase a Panasonic X10 from either HOF or ourselves it won't be UHF/VHF.

If you are travelling up please drop me a line beforehand to ensure we have the 50x10 reserved for you from stock - johnmc@richersounds.ie or sales@richersounds.ie

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

hi,

thanks for the answer.

After some research online, it seems UHF/VHF is only used for analogic TV which wouldn't affect Ireland now that digital TV has replaced it.

Not sure about that though, but I'll take the plunge anyway as I hardly watch standard TV all and will be using it for DVDs 99% of the time.

If you have one 50X10 available please reserve one for me, I'll drive to the shop this Saturday in case (I guess I'll have to leave Dublin early to avoid the huge traffic towards Northern Ireland).

Thanks.
    Roberto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Slightly O/T, but as I'm considering a 50PQ3000 - can these by laid flat for transport?

• Advertisement

Tragedy wrote: »
    Slightly O/T, but as I'm considering a 50PQ3000 - can these by laid flat for transport?

better if not, though some shops do that themselves, from what I could read here...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/703686-transporting-plasma-tv.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Eek. Better find the dimensions and measure up the rear seats so

hey I picked up my Panasonic X50 this morning in Belfast! :D

parking was not a doddle but eventually I got the TV carried into my trunk, diagonally as it wouldn't fit otherwise without opening the box and the guys working there said they had done this before.

Installed the TV in the afternoon, digital TV is great and all channels work, I guess the UHF/VHF issue occurs when using an aerial (which is not the case anymore).

Now I'm gonna need an upscaling DVD, not sure which one I'll go for yet, will open a thread soon ;)

Thanks John for making the transation smooth and organizing the affair, and for the directions though my gps had some trouble with one way roads once in Belfast...

The (small) shop was packed with people, you guys keep up the good work!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.