Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Industrial striff

Options
  • 15-10-2009 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am a public sector worker and I wanted to get a general view of opitions out there. I am aware the private sector feel we should get a pay cut but as a public sector worker I feel the pain sould not be bore only by the public sector.

We should share the finacial implications and stop this public vs Private sector argument.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭chahop

The private sector are and have been feeling the pain for the last year or more, through huge job losses, reduced work weeks and pay reductions. I think people in the public sector thinks we are all living it, most of the people in the private sector if they have'nt lost their jobs are in real fear of whats around the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lazyboy1972

chahop wrote: »
    The private sector are and have been feeling the pain for the last year or more, through huge job losses, reduced work weeks and pay reductions.
    I have friends in the private sector and therefore very aware of their suitation. The pain has been felt in the public sector too with the introduction of the pension levy, the income levy and the increase in PRSI contributions. Now we have the real treath of more pay-cuts in the Decembers budget.
    The combined effect of these measures is a pay cut of 17 per cent plus. In addition, the non-payment of national wage increases due under Towards 2016 compounds the pain experienced by members.
    chahop wrote: »
    I think people in the public sector thinks we are all living it, most of the people in the private sector if they have'nt lost their jobs are in real fear of whats around the corner.
    I don't envy anyone working in the Private sector (at the moment) (this was differenrt 10 - 15 years ago).

But for the sake of the country and to keep the IMF out Public and Private should pull together

Advertisement