Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Break your comfort zone

• 15-10-2009 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Not sure where to post this. I found a really good article on breaking your comfort zone. Had to share it.

http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2009/10/14/how-to-step-out-of-your-comfort-zone/

People seem to avoid to uncomfortable situations, but by avoiding them you are missing out on growing as a person. Uncomfortable situations should be sought after as they benefit the overall enjoyment of your life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

thats why I like travelling.

alone in new york with no money/place to stay, empty stomach and sleep deprivation certainly broke my comfort zone.

that movie with jim carey 'the yes man' is about breaking your comfort zone, its actually pretty good, worth a watch and does sort of inspire a little

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I agree. I reckon if something scares me I should just do it(alligator sex notwithstanding). Haven't always been like that, but its defo helped since I took that on board.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭scanlas

Remember how scary it was when you first started driving ( if you drive), but now it's second nature, imagine you never learned to drive because it was too scary. I think of things like that when I'm afraid of doing something out of my comfort zone. It helps make the decision easier.

Advertisement