Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rotterdam Marathon 2010

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I've been out Wednesday and Friday, real easy pace. During them was fine. Afterwards, the calves were like rocks. Drinking last night and all day today so that will keep me off the roads. Life is tough ;)

Now that we are almost a week from the race, have you any plans to take on another in 2010? I know Brian is doing Cork (fair play). I'm thinking about this Autumn but mainly because I can't do one next Spring.

Its great not to have to hit a long run today but the weather is perfect. Soon as we finish training eh? Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

I ran my first miles around the curragh yesterday, thought I was grand before I set off, but I was wrong. I only managed 3 miles at about 8:00 and I was in bits afterwards, my calves are still a bit tender even now. Looks like it'll be another few days before I can get back to proper running.

I was going to do the Cork Marathon, but after yesterday I'm not so sure. I really want to do Dublin this year as I had a bit of a disaster last year and I want to put in a good performance at this one to make up for it. I think I'll just concentrate on some speed work and maybe some shorter races between now and start of Dublin training.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Was out on Tuesday and Thursday doing about 4 slow miles each, felt a bit stiff but nothing major and a lot easier than the last few miles on Sunday. Have to try and get the legs able to turn over at a bit higher rate before next weekend for the 10k round the K-Club. Have already put my cash down for the DCM entry though so will be hoping to take more of a minute off my PB then and avoid the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Haven't done a tap since the marathon! :D

It could be quite awhile until my next one. I'll be studying for my finals all Summer and then plan to go travelling for a year or so from September onwards, so I'll have to wait a good while until my next one. I'm young though, plenty of time :D

Going to concentrate on shorter distances for the next 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

Hey Robin - just noticed your new location - nice one!

Check it out lads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGSbc5Huihk

It may be in Dutch but is enjoyable to watch nonetheless.

Feck it, I should have just forgotten about my time and just strolled in in last place. I would have got an insane amount of attention and would have got myself some good airtime on Dutch TV.:D:p

Hate to bring up such an old thread guys but having a bit of a problem getting access to my race videos so wanted to check if others are having the same problem.

I'm down in Australia now and have a new laptop down here so wanted to back up my videos onto my new laptop and went onto the website today and to my horror noticed that every time I try to look at my videos the words "The webpage cannot be found" shows up.

Can you guys take a quick look and see if this is happening to you aswell.

Really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

04072511 wrote: »
    Hate to bring up such an old thread guys but having a bit of a problem getting access to my race videos so wanted to check if others are having the same problem.

I'm down in Australia now and have a new laptop down here so wanted to back up my videos onto my new laptop and went onto the website today and to my horror noticed that every time I try to look at my videos the words "The webpage cannot be found" shows up.

Really annoying.

I would check my one, but you only get a video if you finish the race :D

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

Really annoying.

Its working fine at this end. I'll PM you your video link to see if it helps. Well done in Dublin BTW.

Moycullen1 wrote: »
    Its working fine at this end. I'll PM you your video link to see if it helps. Well done in Dublin BTW.

Think you are getting me mixed up with somebody else. I didnt run dublin :D

I emailed them anyway and it is all fixed now anyway. They thanked me for pointing out the problem to them!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

Think you are getting me mixed up with somebody else. I didnt run dublin :D

Sorry J. I don't know what happened but I had misty floyd in my head while reading your post so I pm'd you his clips and commended you on his PB in Dublin. I must have spotted a post from him as I was opening the link to your post or something like that!!

Advertisement